04

[ mike's pov ]

seeing will like this broke my heart. i hate seeing him so torn up inside, and i feel so helpless because i feel like i can't do anything. 

"i'm sorry mike. i wish you didn't have to see me like this," he said as a single tear fell down his cheek. my heart hurt. i frowned and cupped will's cheek with my hand, i then wiped his tear with my thumb. "don't apologize will, never apologize for how you feel."

his cheeks were dusted pink now as he realized my hand was on his face. it was my turn to blush now. i gently took my hand away and smiled at him.

"just, don't forget about me, okay?" he said seriously as he looked at me. i looked at him surprised, wondering how he thinks i could forget about him. "i won't will, i promise." he nodded and sighed. "thank you," he said as he looked back down at his hands. "for what?" i questioned curiously. 

"for just talking to me."

- -

[will's pov]

it was now the next day. mike stayed for a little longer and went back home around 6 yesterday. i just wish he knew how i felt about him. it's killing me.

i rode my bike towards dustin's house. we then would usually meet up with mike and lucas and ride bikes to school together. 

as i rode up to dustin's driveway, he came out of garage with his bike. "hey willy boy," he said as he started to get on his bike. i rolled my eyes, "don't call me that." he laughed then got serious. oh god.

"soooo," he said as he extended out the word. "yea?" i questioned looking at him as we started riding down the road to mike's house. "how are you and mike?" he said. my eyes widened, what? "what are you talking about dustin," i sighed.  "don't play dumb will, do you think i'm stupid?" i was starting to get worried now. 

"i see the way you look at him," he said. i started slowing down until i came to a stop. dustin noticed and got off his bike and started walking back towards me. "the fact that you think i-" i got cut off. "oh come on will! admit it,  you have a crush on our best friend," he said getting upset that i kept denying it.  

i looked down. "yeah, you caught me. just please don't tell mike.  pl-" i got cut off once again. "chill out dude, i won't tell him," he laughed as he elbowed me. "do you hate me?" i was ready to have homophobic slurs be thrown at me. "what?" dustin said surprised. i looked back up at him sadly. "will, why would i ever hate you?" he said slightly frowning.

"i just thought maybe you wouldn't support me," i said looking into his eyes. he scoffed, "that's the dumbest shit i've ever heard, and i'm friends with lucas. of course i would support you will, i always will. we just want you to be happy man," he said as he pulled me into a hug. 

a breath that i didn't know i was holding came out. i was so relieved. i smiled, "thanks dustin." "oh shush, let's get going," he said as he slapped my shoulder.

-

[ mike's pov ] 

will and dustin finally came into view. what was taking so long? 

"there you are, jesus!" lucas yelled at them. "oh shut up," dustin sighed. i smiled at will and he smiled back. 

seeing will happy, made me happy. it was good to know that he was hopefully feeling a tiny bit better since yesterday. he's such a good person and doesn't deserve whatever he's going through. "come on my good men, let's go," i heard lucas say in a british accent. 

we all laughed and rode our way to school, altogether. 

-

as we all put our bikes into the bike rack, i noticed a girl i've never seen before. will and lucas were laughing about something stupid until lucas noticed me going into a daze. he smacked the back of my head, causing the girl to look at us. "wake up loser!" he said as i rubbed the back of my head from him smacking it. 

[will's pov]

when i noticed mike staring at the girl, i felt kind of jealous. was that a bad thing? probably. but how can i not feel that way when i've liked mike for so long?

she started walking up to our group and i noticed mike's cheeks heat up. that only made me grow sadder. 

she smiled at us before smiling at mike, "hey, i'm jane," she said as she stuck out her hand and mike shook it. they both kind of just stood there and stared at each other while shy smiles were plastered on their faces. 

i looked back at dustin who was already looking at me. "i'm sorry," he mouthed and frowned.

my heart broke right then and there.

-- --

hey!! woah look at me updating two times in a day. anyways, hope you enjoyed!