05

[ mike's pov ]

i looked at the girl in front of me, smiling. she was so beautiful. she had slightly shorter hair than any other girl i've seen before. she was wearing a t-shirt with overalls, then some sort of flannel coat with sneakers. she seemed really cool.

"it's nice to meet you. my name's mike, short for michael," i said, trying not to sound stupid. she slightly laughed, "it's nice to meet you too, mike." i looked back at the boys only to see lucas. "where's will and dustin?" i said, confused. "oh, they went inside already," he said sticking his hands in his pocket. i sighed and furrowed my eyebrows. "i'll see ya later jane, maybe find me at lunch?" i said before starting to walk inside the school.

[will's pov]

"fuck," dustin cursed. i only looked at him, "of course she had to come along," i huffed. it's not like i had anything against her, it's just i can see her and mike falling for each other eventually. they already look at each other like they're in love. for some reason i wasn't sad, i was kind of pissed.

"listen will, i think you'll be okay. i mean, they just met-" "so!? i know mike. watch him fall in love with her because he'll like the fact that a girl totally isn't weirded out by him for once!" i said raising my voice. dustin sighed, "you can't be getting upset will. maybe nothing will happen?" he said as if he didn't even believe his own words. we both knew something would happen. "c'mon dustin. you don't believe that do you?" i said sadly. "it's going to happen and there's nothing i can do about it, except just watch from the sidelines. she's gonna be real lucky," i said while tears were threatening to spill, gosh i'm such a baby.

"who's gonna be lucky?" mike questioned as he walked into the classroom. before either one of us could answer, the bell rang. we sat in our seats and waited for class to start.

-

after the students came in, the teacher walked in with a new student, jane. i looked at mike and i saw his eyes light up at the fact that she was in a class with him. he smiled at her and she smiled back. i turned back around, glancing at dustin who looked annoyed at the fact that mike was all over her. dustin kind of liked the thought of mike and i together. he thought that it'd be cute and open up people's' eyes to the fact that not everyone likes the same things.

"everyone can i have your attention?" the teacher asked all the students. everyone stopped talking and looked at the teacher who stood in front of the room with jane. "we have a new student, her name is jane ives. do you have anything you'd like to tell the class about yourself, jane?" he questioned. "um..no thanks. i think i'm good," she laughed slightly. "alright, you can go sit next to..." he thought for a moment. "you can sit next to dustin," dustin's eyes went wide realizing that he had to sit next to the girl who his best friend was starting to like, and who his other best friend, me, didn't really enjoy her presence.

she smiled nicely towards dustin, walking over there and sitting in the desk next to him. he smiled back. i just hope that nothing happens between her and mike, but i know that probably won't happen. after class, mike was talking to lucas about jane. "she just seems so cool though, doesn't she?" lucas nodded, agreeing with mike.

since we had math next, i was hoping mike could help me. "mike, can y-" he interrupted me.  "hey maybe she can sit with us?" he said. i sighed, knowing that he just wants to talk about her. "will, would it be fine if she sat with us for lunch?" he said as we started to walk towards our next class. "i guess, it's not really my call though," i said walking in and going to my seat. "what do you mean? of course it is, you're a part of the group too," he said. i looked at him, "really? because sometimes it doesn't feel like it," i said sitting down as the bell rang. mike just looked at me confused before sitting down also.

-lunch-

[ mike's pov ]

i don't understand what will's problem was. how did he not feel part of the group? i haven't been ignoring him, have i? i just hope he's okay, because i told jane she could join us for lunch. will sat next to dustin, since dustin told him to, while lucas sat next him and he left the seat next to me empty, so jane could sit there. "i thought i would usually sit next to you?" will said to me. "oh, well, i hope it's okay that jane sitting next to me is okay..?" i said cautiously knowing that will wasn't in a good mood. "right, it's whatever," he said as he sat back down next to dustin.

jane walked up to our group and smiled. "hey mike," she said to me, slightly waving. i smiled back. "oh! these are my friends. will, dustin, and lucas," i said pointing to each of them. "it's nice to meet you all, even though i already know dustin," she said smiling at them. dustin smiled back. "it's nice to meet you, too," lucas said. jane smiled and looked at will, expecting him to say something. he only slightly smiled towards her. "right, so lunch?" she said as we got up to get lunch. we all chuckled except for will.

c'mon will, what's wrong?

-- --

i hope you enjoyed!!