As The Story Unfolds...

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry!!" Sophie said as she began to cry.

She spat mason onto her palm, he was drenched in saliva. "I-It's okay" he said looking at her.

"I must repay you, somehow!" She said.

"I-I don't know.." Mason said quietly.

"I have an idea!" Sophie said setting Mason down on the counter. She grabbed a donut, "here! A giant donut! Just for you!" She said as she set Mason down next to it.

Mason slipped due to being covered still in saliva. He walked up to the donut, it was a chocolate donut, he took a bite.

To Sophie it looked as if he had only kissed it, but to mason he couldn't speak there was so much food in his mouth. Mason ate all he could, he didn't remember the last time he had eaten.

Sophie leaned over and watched him with observant eyes, "I must look huge to you..." she said softly.

"Mmhmm" mason nodded with food in his mouth. He gulped it down. "What did you do to me..?" He asked sadly.

"Me?!?!? I didn't do this!!" She raised her voice. "You wanna know what happened?" She said firmly.

"Yes please" Mason said as he stepped back.

"Okay, listen up then" she began "so, it was an average evening for me, I was watching something on TV when I heard someone scream in pain. So I looked outside my window and saw a man collapsed on my front lawn.

I ran outside and saw blood all over him. I saw you. You had cuts all over your body and shards of glass stuck in them, I didnt pull them out, it would've only hurt you more.

So I pulled you inside and put you in the guest bed, I then cleaned up some of the blood, however I left the glass in, so I didn't kill you by accident.

Then when I came back in the morning, you were gone. The glass was there, and you were not. So" she swallowed "I... I went to clean up..." her face turned pale when she realized she had almost killed Mason twice. "I'm so sorry!!" She said staring at the small man.

"Wow... thats crazy... thank you... sure you almost killed me but you saved my life... thank you" Mason said sincerely.

"Well... I guess you're my new roommate." Sophie said.

"I guess so, I'd never survive out there on my own..." Mason said thinking off all the possibilities that could happen to him, "I'm glad YOU found me".