Washed away

Mason heard the door open. Sophie walked in. She tossed her books to the ground and joyfully walked to the kitchen.

She sighed, "boy am I hungry!" She looked around for food, then she saw the basket of fruit. She reached for it.

Mason waved his hands and yelled. "Hey! Look at me!"

But she couldn't see him. She grabbed the apple he was standing on. Mason held on for dear life. Sophie brought the apple to the kitchen sink to wash it.

She poured the water over it. The water hit mason like a waterfall.

He fell off and into the sink. It felt cold and metallic. He tried to grab it but it was too hard and wet. He began getting swirled around by the water.

He was headed for the drain.

"AHHH!! SOPHIE HELP!!!" He yelled.

CRUNCH

Sophie took a bite of the apple.

"Oh no,..."

Mason was terrified, all he could see was the black abyss that was the drain, he'd never be seen again if he fell down. He tried to grab anything again, but he couldn't, the water was pulling him towards the drain.

He reached the edge, he held on for dear life. However The rim of the sink was just as slippery as the outside, so he slipped...

And he landed on something soft... and warm. It was Sophie, she had saved him.

"I'm so sorry!!" She yelled, "again! Why were you on my apple anyways?!?"

Mason didn't know how to respond.
"I'm sorry..." he said humbly. He was just lucky he was alive.