Chapter 14

We made it back to the game in time to see our school just barely beat the opposing team. The other side left rather quickly, while our side stayed to celebrate for a little bit. But I didn't want to stay for any longer, mostly out of fear of running into Evan and Tyler and their friends. Dad and I left after saying goodbye to Jonathan, Sydney, and Sydney's family.

"So how was Sydney's family?" I asked as we pulled out of the parking lot.

"They were very nice," Dad said as he nodded in approval. I was overjoyed to hear that they got along great.

"You have fun tonight?" dad asked. I looked out the window in thought and quickly replied,

"Yeah."

The image of Tyler holding me with force came across my mind and I shivered. But I did indeed have fun tonight, thanks to Jonathan and Sydney.

"You sure?" dad joked as he let out a chuckle. I laughed with him so he didn't think anything of the way I was acting just earlier.

We got home and I quickly showered and went to my room. I laid down on my bed and stared up at the ceiling. My head throbbed and I felt rather cold. My eyelids felt heavy as I mindlessly stared up.

What would Tyler do if he wasn't stopped...?

I shook my head to try and rid myself of the scary thought. But my mind had a tendency to wander, making it impossible to just forget about it.

"Just go to sleep," I whispered to myself as I crawled under the covers and laid my head on my pillow.

~ Your dream... ~

It was dark and cold. I laid on the ground shivering. As I stood up, I heard the sound of clanging metal. I looked down at my leg and noticed a chain that connected my leg to the wall.

There was a maniacal laugh echoing through the dark room. I scanned the room, but was unsuccessful in finding the source of the laughter. I felt the warmth of someone standing behind me, and the laughter was suddenly behind me. When I turned around, it suddenly stopped and the whole room went quiet again.

I began to panic. My breathing began to get faster as I realized I was trapped. The walls felt like they were closing in around me. I felt suffocated. I pulled my leg but was unable to break the chain. I began to tug on the chain but nothing happened. I fell to the cold floor again as I panted. Though I was cold, I was sweating.

"Oh darling, don't you want to stay with me~?" I heard a voice that was unfortunately too familiar. I turned and watched Tyler walk into my vision from the shadows.

I opened my mouth to reply, but I was unable to speak. No noise escaped my lips other than my breathing.

"Why don't we have some fun together..?" he asked, his eyes growing wide and his smile growing bigger. I tried to say no, but I couldn't talk.

He stared at me as he slowly walked closer, never breaking his stare away from me. I tried to scream but was unsuccessful. I was forced to silently watch him walk to me with a face of pure insanity.

"Why have you been avoiding me~?" he spoke, his voice echoing.

He slowly knelt down beside me, never looking away from me. I could feel a bead of sweat drip down my neck as he knelt in front of me, just staring at me with his wide eyes and wide smile.

He quickly put his hand over my mouth and climbed on top of me. I kicked and flailed my arms, fighting him as best as I could.

~

I bolted up, panting and sweating. I quickly glanced at my surroundings and realized I had just woken up. My breathing began to slow as I collected my thoughts.