Chapter 16

Needless to say, I bolted out of the room as soon as the bell rang. I never thought I'd be so relieved to walk into Algebra class. Mr. Cooper was sitting at his desk quietly, and he shot a glance at me as I basically ran through the door.

"Hi," I said kind of awkwardly to Mr. Cooper.

"I'm not high, but I see that you might be. No one has ever been so excited they practically burst through my door," he replied with a playful grin on his face. I couldn't help but laugh at his statement before I sat down.

I noticed Marcel walked into the room, and he glanced around the room before noticing me. He smiled and walked my direction.

"Good morning," he greeted happily.

"You're in a good mood. Anything interesting happen?" I asked.

"Nah, I'm just living life," he shrugged.

It seemed unreal that he was friends with the same guy who was stalking me. He was so nice compared to Tyler and most of the others that acted like entitled little ass hats.

"You... you're such a contrast compared to some of your other friends," I said, picking my words carefully to try not to offend him. He gave me a knowing nod.

"Yeah, unfortunately. We were all really nice guys, but suddenly some of them changed. It's like high school turned them into new people," he spoke, looking down. He seemed deep in thought as he stared at the ground. I decided it may be best to leave the conversation there, mostly because class started not long after our conversation ended.

~

Lunch had finally arrived after Algebra seemed to slowly drag along. I ran down the hall, partly because I wanted to see Sydney and partly because I wanted to avoid Tyler.

"You must be hungry," Sydney chuckled as I ran up to her.

"I guess. Listen, I want to do something. I'm going to need your help and also Jonathan's help," I said, a plan slowly brewing in my mind. Her face told me she was a little uneasy, but she sat down and waited for me to present my idea to her.

"So I talked to Marcel today. He said that some of his friends in that whole friend circle changed after high school. But by the way he acted, it told me that the others who didn't change into pricks don't appreciate the way Tyler and the other douches act. That means that they probably would like to have the old friends back. You know, pre-douche," I explained.

"Well, yeah. If you had did that to me I would miss the current you. But continue," she replied.

"So I was thinking, since the nice ones would love to have their old friends back, they would definitely agree to a plan that would put the douches in their places. Show them that they aren't the best thing since sliced bread," I explained, a mischievous grin growing across my face.

"Let me get this straight: you want to organize a plan with Tyler's good friends to make them realize they aren't hot shit," she replied, a face of disbelief.

"Yeah, basically," I shrugged. Sydney scoffed.

"I love the idea, but it might not actually work," she spoke, furrowing her eyebrows.

"It has about a 90% chance of success if we do it correctly," I replied. I stared at her with anticipation, waiting to see if she would agree to help.

"Oh dear," she sighed, "I'm going to help, but only because I want to be there to rescue you when this all goes south."

"If this all goes south," I corrected. She sighed again and tilted her head towards the ceiling.

"Let's hope it works."