Chapter 17

Next class up was study hall, which was good because that meant I could talk to Jonathan. He needed to help me out with that plan of mine. I walked to the library, and Jonathan wasn't there. I figured he went up to the roof already, so I made my way to the roof. I made my way to the roof, happily skipping with each step I took. When I got to the roof and opened the door, I could feel the color drain from my face.

"Hello again," Tyler said with a smirk that sent shivers down my spine.

"Where's Jonathan?" I asked, trying to stay calm and not look scared.

"Oh, him... I instructed him to stay away from you and that thirsty skank," he sighed, his much.

"She's not a skank," I replied, defending Sydney.

"Whatever. I told him there'd be consequences if he talked to you and her," he spoke as he began to slowly inch closer.

"Why?" I asked, my voice shaking as I tried to keep myself from crying, "You're a monster."

"Yeah, well, this is your doing. If you hadn't come here this would've never happened," he said, walking closer to shrink the gap between us. I began to take a step back, but I bumped into the door.

"That's not true. If you weren't such a jerk he would be able to talk to me," I angrily yelled at him as I quickly opened the door. I ran down the stairs, hearing him follow close behind.

"Leave me alone," I yelled as I covered my ears with my hands. I made my way to the gym and I closed the doors behind me. I had little amount of time to hide before he entered the gym. Without thinking, I ran to the closet with all the basketballs and whatnot. The place was quite messy, so there were many good places for me to hide. I closed the door and I hid behind some shelves that had a perfect little slot where I could hide. As I was getting in place, the gymnasium doors opened and slammed shut. I jumped as the slam echoed through the gym.

"Where'd you go? I know you're in here," he hummed creepily. I heard more feet enter the gym, followed by voices. Evan and Lui had joined Tyler.

I could feel my whole body become cold with fear. It was three against one. Who knew what they would do to me once they caught me. We were all alone, with no teacher nearby. I began to sob quietly, until the closet door was swung open violently. I covered my mouth with my hand as I saw a shadow walk into the closet.

My blood went ice cold, and I began to shake as I saw Evan wander around the dark closet. The only source of light was the opened door, which faced away from my hiding spot thankfully.

I saw his silhouette stop suddenly, and I couldn't tell what direction he was facing. A tear fell down my face as I was absolutely terrified that he had found me.

But, he disappeared from my sight and I watched his shadow leave the closet. I let out a sigh of relief. That is, until his shadow came back, accompanied by two more.