Stormy Nights -//- WolfStar

There are a lot of nights where Remus sits awake, petrified of the lightning and thunder going on outside. It reminds him of the cracking sounds he can hear his bones make when he transforms, right before he looses all control of his senses, which absolutely scares him out of his mind. He always wishes he was in Sirius' arms, warm and safe. But there's almost no chance of that happening ever. So he imagines he is, which helps a little bit.
Sirius knows that Remus is scared of storms, he's told them about it. But he doesn't know how badly Remus is scared by them. But in the middle of 5th year, he finds out just how badly Remus is scared, and why.

Remus is petrified. This is the loudest, longest storm he's ever been through. He's sitting in bed, shivering and shaking. After almost three long hours - although it felt like 100 - thunder boomed so loud, the castle shook, and Remus lost it. He was crying, and shaking. There was movement, and Remus jumped about 10 feet into the air. Sirius had woken up, with all the noise, and heard crying. It wasn't James, he was at home for the holidays. So was Peter. Frank was gone too, leaving only one person it could be. 
"Remus? Everything okay?" Sirius asked, creeping across the dorm. Remus shook his head.
"This storm, it's just.... it's scaring me, is all." he admits, blushing a little, but you couldn't really tell in the dark.
"It sounds like more than that, Remmy. Let's put a little light in here, and see if we can sort this out, yeah?" Sirius says, and Remus nods. "Lumos Maxima." he says, and the lamps all flicker on, and they can properly see one another. Sirius can see Remus' tear stained face, and Remus can see Sirius' concerned face and beautiful grey eyes through his half closed eyes.
"Thanks.." Remus whispers, and Sirius smiles that beautiful smile that only the boy he's in love with can draw from him.
"Of course. Now, can I see those beautiful eyes of yours?" Sirius asks. Remus smirks.
"I don't think you mean my eyes, Siri. Maybe Lily, or James, even. But not me." Remus says.
"Oh, humor me, would you?!" Sirius says, fake exasperated. Suddenly, thunder booms, and Remus lets slip a few tears. "Talk to me, Rem. You're crying. I haven't seen you cry since middle of second year. What scares you so much about the storm?" Sirius asks. Remus shakes his head.
"It's nothing." he insists, even though it's something. "You can go back to sleep." he says.
"I am sitting here with you until you tell me. If you fall asleep, which I doubt right now, I won't wake you, but I'm going to make you tell me. Remus, you don't cry. And you are crying quite a bit right now. Let's make this easy, and just explain what's scaring you. It's not like I don't know nearly everything about you anyway. This won't change how I view you." Sirius promises, and Remus feels a warm feeling spread inside him. He's never wanted to kiss anyone as much as right now.
"I know... it's still embarrassing though." he admits quietly. 
"Remus, please." Sirius begs, right as the loudest boom yet shakes the castle, and Remus starts crying again. He gets flashbacks of the pain, hearing his bones snap, and sees himself contort every time. Sirius doesn't even think twice about rubbing small circles on Remus' back until he's breathing okay.
"Uhh... Okay." Remus says shakily. "So when I transform, I don't know if I have told you all this, but I do get to watch the first few seconds. When I hear thunder, it sounds like when my bones are snapping and contorting. It just reminds me of the worst times. I can always count on watching my bones contort, hear them snap, and feel them burn whenever thunder booms. That's why. I've been scared of thunder since I was young." Remus finally admits, as one more boom sounds, and he jumps so high he almost hits the top of the canopy, and starts shaking. 
"Oh Remmy. That's not embarrassing. It's okay to be scared. Okay? Come here." Sirius says, drawing his best friend close. "Remus, mate, you're shaking." he gasps.
"I know. Siri, I shouldn't be this scared. I've never been this scared." Remus admits.
"Well here's the deal. You're obviously tired, and I can tell you need sleep, tired or not. Lie down, and I can stay until you fall asleep, okay?" Sirius suggests. He really wants Remus to agree, to be close to him. To his delight, Remus agrees, and they lie down together. Whether or not the other knows, they've never been happier. They shift around, getting comfortable. Eventually, Remus is tucked under Sirius' arm, head on his chest. He can still hear the storm, but with Sirius right there, nothing is bothering him. Sirius actually falls asleep before him, but he can hear Sirius' heartbeat, steady and even, and he focuses on that, and it gets him to sleep.
When Remus wakes up, Sirius is awake, kind of staring at him. The first thing he notices, is the storm is still raging. The second, startlingly, his and Sirius' faces are only inches apart. Sirius had just been marveling how beautiful Remus was, awake or asleep. They lay there, each wondering what the other was thinking about, even though it was the other. Suddenly, Remus gets the guts to actually talk first, which he hardly does when it's breaking a silence.
"Thank you." he finally says, and Sirius looks a little confused.
"What for?" he asks, even though he knows.
"For last night. I wouldn't have slept at all, and I'd still be freaking out. I'm still freaking out a little, because storms in general scare me, and that won't change, but the fact you helped me made it so much better for me. So thank you." Remus says. Sirius smiles, and makes a huge decision, right there.
"Remus, we need to talk." he says, startling Remus a little.
"Okay." Remus agrees. Please be what he hopes it is.
"Well I want to talk, if you would listen?" Sirius says after a moment. Remus nods. He is hoping with his whole body that what he thinks is happening is happening.
"Remus, I really really like you. James has told me I'm in love with you, and that may be true. Even if I wasn't in love with you, I'd still have helped you last night, but that was just one more reason to. I just think that no matter your flaws, you're absolutely stunning, and adorable, and I get lost in you eyes, and I just -" Sirius blushes as he speaks, and now it's Remus' turn to make a quick decision. He kisses Sirius, cutting him off.
"I love you, too, Siri." he whispers. And he knows he's in love. He hates storms, but this storm is the best thing that's ever happened to him.