Midnight Memories -//- Wolfstar

Sirius

Around 1 am, on the night of the full moon, I slip down to the Shrieking Shack, like always. I know Remus will be there, like always. I'm never sure what state he'll be in, though. So I carefully slip through the branches, and into the bedroom. My face softens when I see my poor boy curled up on the bed, scarred, bleeding, and bruised, and sniffing.
"Hey..." I whisper, sitting down on the bed carefully so he doesn't have to move until he's ready.
"Siri... you're here." he moans.
"Where else would I be? How are you feeling, my Moonbeam?" I ask, and he laughs lightly. "I love your laugh." I whisper.
"I'm feeling the same. But worse." he says, still with tears flowing. I very lightly press my hand to his back, and he winces. 
"Okay. Why don't we try to get you cleaned up?" I ask, moving my hand so he can relax.
"Okay. Let's head up to Madame Pomfrey." he says, trying to move and wincing so hard it's more of a jolt.
"Love, I don't feel safe moving you like this. This is worse than normal. Listen, why don't I grab the first-aid kit from the cabinet, fill a bucket, and light a fire. We can clean you up here, fix some of the smaller injuries, and then go up. If you're okay with that, anyway." I offer quietly. This is an invasion of Remus' privacy in certain places, which is why I asked, and why he's thinking about his answer for so long.

"Siri, as long as you're okay doing this, I'm okay with it." Remus finally says.

"Okay." I say, and I grab the first-aid kit, light a fire, casting immediate warmth, and fill a bucket with water and let it warm up. Remus is already only in his boxers, so I don't have to worry about him moving to get clothes off. When everything is set up and we're waiting. "Remus, listen to me. I know this worries you. I don't want to do something making you uncomfortable. So, if I'm going too far, let me know, and I'll let you show me from there until you feel comfortable, okay?" I offer. He nods, and I kiss his forehead. By then, the water is warm, so I grab a rag from the bucket, nice and warm, and some antiseptic and a cotton swab. I move over to Remus, studying where to start. He's got a nice gash on his thigh, and on his shoulder. I'll start on his shoulder, so he doesn't freak out. "Okay, I'm going to do your shoulder, then clean your face, then I'm going to do the gash on your thigh, okay? Those are the worst parts. We can go from there, okay? And again, we can stop whenever you start feeling uncomfortable." I remind him.

"Sounds fine." he says."And Sirius... thank you so much. I love you." he says, then realizes what he said. He looks a little panicked.

"Hey, don't freak out, Moonbeam. I love you, too. Now, this is going to sting." I say, dabbing some antiseptic on a swab, and cleaning up the blood and gravel and things on and around the injury. He grabs my hand, hissing. "Hey, shhhh. It's okay. You're doing really well. Almost done here." I say, easing him forward so I can get the entirety, then seeing he has a long gash down into his boxers, as well. This might be too much, so I'l check again before I start heading down to do that. As I move to his face, I start to talk to distract him.

"Hey, Rem. So, there's a gash on your lower back, too. You okay with me doing, that, too?"I ask. he only nods. I try to clean quickly, then wash over with a warm cloth. "All done. I'm going to start on your thigh, and see how deep and long it is." I say. "I'll tell you step by step what I'm doing so you always know, okay?" I add. He smiles.

"Siri, you don't have to do this. You seem more nervous then I am. Even though I'm the one a blubbering mess of tears." Remus chuckles, eyes still watering.

"No, it's okay. I just want to make sure you're okay, too." I say.

"Well, you don't have to tell me everything you do. It's okay. How about if we need to take any private measures, let me know, and we can move from there." Remus soothes, even though I can tell he's nervous, too. I nod, and start with antiseptic. I'm sitting on the floor by now.