×23×

CONTEST (Dj_Brookie_Cookie )
SHIP: CACK/JARBYN (?)
TITLE: TAKE ME HOME

Grand Garden Arena.
Their biggest dream, what they wanted to do together, sing in front of thousands of people.
The only problem, they weren't doing it together.
They were going their separate ways.

A year ago, the group was on their shining year, the invitation EP was the most listened one in iTunes and they had done a huge world tour.
Everything was going smooth and extremely good but, and there's always a but, their happiness came to an end.
Their manager gave them an opportunity that not all of them liked.
It was a good opportunity, it was true, but if they had agreed, it would've changed their life in a really bad way, so two of them refused.

After that fight, another problem was added.
Corbyn and Jack's breakup.
They have had a huge fight due to the fact that Jack had chosen to decline the offer and due to their trusting problems, mostly Corbyn's problems.

Then, they got into another fight because Corbyn and Jack couldn't be in the same room without shooting each other glares and calling the other one names.
So they decided to take a break.
A break from the fame, from the group and from everybody.
But, sooner than expected, that break became and split and now they had gone different ways.

So today, the day that many artist got together to give the public the pleasure of music, the five boys, where going to sing.

And the night went by, Corbyn, Daniel Jonah and Zach had already sung, being Jack next.
He walked the long hall, where most of the artist, except four boys, were wishing him the best.

He went on stage, all glances were on him.
He took a step forward, grabbing the microphone and after nodding to the pianist, the well known melody sounded.
Take me home by Jess Glynne, this one being one of the artist that couldn't attend that night, was the song he was singing.
To say that he didn't sang it beautifully would be a huge lie. He sang it amazingly.

You say space will make it better
And time will make it heal
I won't be lost forever
And soon I wouldn't feel
Like I'm haunted, oh, falling

Tears streamed down his face, all the feelings coming back.
Even tho he was crying, it didn't stop him from finishing the song, and doing it beautifully, without any voice cracking.

Would you take the wheel
If I lose control?
If I'm lying here
Will you take me home?

Most of the public had tears on their eyes, some of them fully crying.
Backstage, the four boys that used to form Why Don't We were fully sobbing.
Not only because how wonderfully Jack was singing, but the meaning it had for them.
More concretely for Corbyn.

Could you take care of a broken soul?
Oh, will you hold me now?
Oh, will you take me home?
Oh, will you take me home, home?
Oh, will you take me home?

He sang the last high notes, obviously slaying.
His cheeks were still wet and he let out a sob.
All the Grand Garden Arena stood up, clapping and cheering, letting Jack know that he did amazing.
And after what seemed an eternity of cheering, he got out of the stage, walking to his dressing room.
Once Jack arrived, ignoring his ex-band mates shouts, he locked the door and slowly slipped down the wall until he was sitting in the floor.
He didn't control himself this time, he didn't hold back the tears, the sobs or the cries.
He was done with hiding.
The loud bangs on his door didn't stop, but they were less constant, like if they were giving up.
Or that's what he thought.
Once the speakers announced that all of the artist had to go back up to the stage, he dried his tears and opened the door.
And there they were, waiting for him.
Jack bit his lower lip, holding the tears again and walking the long hallway again.
When all the singers had arrived at the stage, they did a "reverence" to the public and said their goodbyes.