00

ONCE I HAD A DREAM ,
THAT DREAM HAD JUST BEGUN—

PROLOGUE

as the day grew colder and colder, the night subdued. it left us, it left our sights. and whether the timing was right or it wasn't, it was always going to happen. unlike us humans, the moon has a plan. the moon has a life, and it gives us life, somehow. without it, would we really be living? would we really smile? would we really love? who knows, but when that girl, that beautiful girl, looks up at the moon — she for sure has her small fragile hands up against her heart. almost as if she thanked it every night before heading off into a big slumber, where her head was blessed with gracious and delicate dreams about a far away land where the world was at peace, where the world wasn't at war. and she wished, and she still wishes, that one day, her wish could come true.

but yet again, that was a very long time ago.

"wake up, wake up. new beginnings millie, it's your first day of school and I don't want you to be late." her mother said, as she stood outside millie's large wooden bedroom doors. "look pretty. we'll be out of here in twenty mills, hurry up."

millie groaned, throwing one of her many many many throw pillows to the marble floor. millie rubbed her curled up hands on her eyes and got up. her tiny little forever twenty one pajama shorts ruffled all over the place. she walked over to her large vanity, observing her flawless face that she didn't find so flawless.

"i hate new beginnings." she muttered to herself before the annoyance took over her head and earned her a headache. she rolled her eyes and angrily walked into her closet, shutting the door loudly behind her, the inner diva taking over her like an object.

millie bobby brown. a bright sixteen year old with 'issues' and misunderstandings. troubled past, check. complicated life, check. constantly acting out, check. check check check. now, her life wasn't full of imperfect moments or circular dull beginnings with tragic endings, no, it was way more than that. knowing millie brown back then, she was a sweetheart. a loving girl who would go to the animal shelter every weekend to spend time with daddy brown, the owner of the various amounts of animal shelters through out most of england.

but ever since that one night—that one night were her father was out for drinks with his colleagues and business partners, that one night were he lied about who he was with—ended everything. the horrible memories that ran through her head ever since that day, they were increasing, each day growing, she was remembering more details. every. single. day.

it started out with infidelity, then with alcohol, then with abuse. it was one hell of a ride for the brown family. and no one ever really knew of it, they had made a vow to not let anyone know about those past events. instead, every time someone asked about why they had moved to the americas and had left english soil, they would just say that the browns had lost the lovely feeling of love.

and ever since they left europe, they were living here, in hawkins, indiana. a small talk town where nothing ever seems to really happen, except for those awful owl attacks. they had just moved into loch nora, one of the wealthiest neighborhoods in town.

millie's first day of junior year was about to begin, or as her older brother charlie likes to call it, "the year the true high school experience begins." alcohol comes into the game apparently, and she had already gotten that speech from her mother.

millie hurriedly opened her closet door and looked at herself in the mirror, "that seems okay." she shrugged and walked over to her vanity, putting a small layer of concealer and mascara, finishing it off with some eos mint lip balm. she looked at her now longer hair, it reached her shoulders.

and then, she ran down the stairs until she reached the first level of her home and instantly entered her mothers car.

PROLOGUE OVER

PLAYLIST

black out days - future islands remix

dynasty

where's my love

dive

too good at goodbyes

talking to the moon

when i look at you

it will rain

half light

CHARACTERS

millie bobby brown // sixteen
finn wolfhard // seventeen
sadie sink // sixteen
caleb mclaughlin // seventeen
iris apatow // sixteen
maddie ziegler // seventeen
jacob sartorious //eighteen
lilia buckingham // seventeen
gaten matarazzo // seventeen
lucas jade zumann // eighteen
jaeden lieberher // sixteen
noah schnapp // sixteen

[lower case intended]

/ hey guys, it's good to be back. I think this is by far my favorite story I've written. I started yesterday and I've been writing nonstop. I've put a lot of effort into it and I'm pretty proud of my writing glow-up. I hope you guys enjoy, if you have any questions then go ahead and PM me. i love ya'll.