09

TIME SKIP — three months later

millie sighed as she looked out her bedroom window as she saw her new car parked in front of her house. she pursed her lips and grabbed the keys from her nightstand before running down the wide and large marble stairs, "millie, what have I told you about running on the stairs? It can cause an accident–" millie's mom began but was cut off by a doorbell. "sorry mom, I know. sadie is here, gotta go or else we might be late again." she rushed out of her door, pushing past the redhead. sadie followed, "you didn't even give me a chance to say hi to your mom and get some of that delicious morning coffee that she always makes, why are you in such a rush? we're perfectly on time."" sadie complains, following millie into her car.

"you see, I forgot to turn in my lab report last night and I ended up turning it in an hour later but I just want to talk to my teacher to see if maybe he can accept it or something." millie shrugs, backing out of her driveway. "iris said to meet up with her in the restroom at ten thirty between first and second period." sadie said, checking her phone. "says its urgent.."

"I wonder what it may be about." millie answers back, driving carefully as she drives out of loch nora. it took about ten minutes before the two girls had finally arrived to hawkins high school. millie, sadie, and iris had definitely established themselves as the most well known beautiful and kind girls from their grade. obviously getting a boost by hanging out with lilia and maddie along with jacob and lucas. this was her group, her lovely friend group that she had grown to ever so love. they treated her with much respect and loyalty, it almost felt as if she had known them through out her whole life.

as for finn, they didn't hang out anymore, they were barely acquaintances. finn had always been extremely popular, ever since the eighth grade. of course, he could never be able to run the school without his pack. jaeden, noah, caleb, and gaten. caleb and sadie had broken up the night of the masquerade ball and finn and millie had stopped talking after two weeks into junior year.

the memory still remained though, constantly playing on a loop over and over again like if a disc was stuck. quite frankly, it was the memory running through finn's head most of the time. millie was a distracted girl, constantly hanging out with jacob or sadie or both. she was busy every day, always joining new activities and beginning new adventures. she thought about him every now and then but it didn't pain her like it did him.

finn wasn't too hurt by it until he had finally realized how much he really needed her in his life. a week went by, two weeks went by, three weeks, four weeks, five, six. and then all of a sudden, three months had gone by. and each day, finn felt himself getting more lost than before.

it was dreadful for him, it was tiring, it was painful for him, to watch the girl he had begun to love fall head over heels over a boy she hadn't even realized she had caught feelings for, a boy who he knew was the best thing for her. a boy who made her days fly past without a blink, a boy who made the stars scream out her name in the middle of the night. their constant flirting and teasing growing each day more and more as the days progressed. they were friends, they were best friends, they were best friends soon to be lovers. and she didn't know it yet but he did, finn knew, that millie bobby brown had caught immense feelings for a fellow senior named jacob sartorious.

and its not like jacob was a bad person, he had always been the kindest out there. but there was something else, millie hadn't realized she had put him on this path. she had specifically told him to move on from maddie, and he did. he moved onto her.

as much as finn wanted to hate jacob, he knew he couldn't. there wasn't a single bad bone in jacob's body, he always wanted to help. finn accepted it though, they liked each other, it happens sometimes.