Separation

Ayaka greeted both of us as she entered the house. It felt very awkward since we have never met her before. We only knew her through photos of her... Other than that,  she was a complete stranger to us.

There was a tense atmosphere. Nobody wanted to start a conversation whatsoever. All of us were fidgeting around, staring into blank space with nothing to say.

We didn't chat until Ayaka asked us how we had been. From there, the conversation began. It was long and somehow serious. Ayaka even asked us if we want to move in with her. And live like the good ol' days being together.

"Do you even want to call it the good ol' days? You never even came back to see us... let alone Mom.."

I was okay with moving in with Ayaka.

As for Hiyori... not so much. In fact, she blatantly objected.

Ayaka didn't force her to move. She knew Hiyori would take a lot of time to accept the fact that her long-lost sister suddenly appeared right in front of her and asked her to move in. It's difficult for Hiyori, especially since she's 12. However, Ayaka knew I wanted to move in with her so badly. I grabbed all of my belongings and left with Ayaka.

Before leaving though, I hugged Hiyori tightly and told her to take her of herself. I also promised to call her every day and also visit her once in a while. Though reluctant, she allowed me to leave with Ayaka.

It was my last farewell to Hiyori. Something which I wouldn't care much until later.