Regrets...

Emiko' P.O.V.

Where am I? 

I scanned my surroundings, realising that I am in my room, resting...

I wonder what's the time?

It was already 5p.m... Wait! What?! Last thing I remember was being discharged from the hospital and sleeping in the car...  I slept pretty long didn't I?  Now that I'm awake, how should I kill time? I'll probably use the laptop!  

I  grabbed my laptop from my bag and went to my favourite websites like YouTube and WattPad (A/N: LOL! I am already at WattPad).. The door creaked so I close the laptop quickly.. It was Ayano and she looked pretty pale... She then came to the side of my bed and hugged me... I was  shocked, seeing how she was sobbing as well...

"Are you okay, Emiko? I hope you didn't have a terrible nightmare. I'm sorry if I caused trouble to you. Please forgive me."

No words could come out from my mouth.. I was stunned.. It wasn't her fault! I patted her on her back to calm her down. At least it made her sobbing subsided. 

I was so confused. I didn't understand what was going on.

"Nee-chan, I'm feeling better and it wasn't your fault at all... I don't remember what happened, so it's okay. Don't take responsibility for anything that you even didn't do... Okay? Just forget that it happened." I responded.

Nee-chan Ayano heaved a sigh of relief but she wasn't convinced with my answer.. But in the end, she left my room... A few minutes later, I heard another creak.. I was expecting Nee-chan Ayaka or Otou-san (Kenjirou).. However, it was Tsubomi, Kousuke and Shuuya.. They sat down by the side of the bed and Shuuya asked..

"Nee-chan, how are you feeling?"

I nodded slightly as Tsubomi gripped my hand and explained to me what was going on.

"Nee-chan Emiko.. You have an eye power.. An eye power is a power someone gets when they died on the 15 of August.. I'm not sure if you remembered but we went out on the 15 of August. In order for someone to obtain an eye power, they must make a wish and they will be brought back to life. 

But it comes with a heavy cost.

Someone else you love will die in replacement. That happen to Shuuya, Kousuke and me. Although we aren't certain who was sacrificed for you. It could be your relatives."

I was trying to absorb all that information. It was really daunting and I wasn't able to comprehend anything.

Eye power? Sacrifice? What did all of that mean? 

I was suddenly reminded of my relatives. Hiyori... Mum... 

My heart was beating so quickly. I had to contact them just to check if they were alright. I grabbed my phone and called Hiyori first.. Hiyori answered just as usual which made me glad.. Apparently, she was at the playground with her friend, Hibiya.. So, Hiyori was not the sacrifice.. 

Could it be .......Mom? 

I was feeling very uneasy...I called Mom, hoping to hear a reply from her.

No response.

I tried a few more times but she didn't pick up.

It's not possible for her to be the sacrifice... Right?

Everyone looked equally as worried as I was. They tried to calm me down by clutching my hands tightly. Tsubomi even hugged me.. As they were comforting me, I felt a sense of regret... Everyone in the Tateyama family including the orphans are always looking out for me.. They always care for me first before themselves.. 

Why? I don't deserve this kindness.

My heart could not bear the pain and I broke down again.. Everyone wondered why and started to comfort me again...

It was probably the most embarrassing thing I've done.

​ "I'm sorry everyone.. I have been taking all of you for granted and I have not pay your kindness.. All of you mean a lot to me but all I did was just putting trouble for you and wasting your time.. I am really sorry! Please forgive me!" I let my thoughts control me as tears fell from my eyes..

Everyone was shocked but it ended when Kousuke chuckled slightly.. From a shocked look to a confused look, Kousuke just kept on chuckling until he stopped and explained..

"Nee-chan Emiko. We are doing this because you are part of us.. We should care for one another.. Because if we didn't, then we would have left you there and continued shopping instead.. Also, you do have a problem that you do not want to talk about it as you looked worried for the past couple of days.."

Now that Kousuke mentioned about it, I did show some signs of stress.. I understand everyone wants to listen to my problems and help me.. But the only thing that made me avoid me to do that is... My problems are only relationship problems and because Nee-chan (Ayaka) is my elder sister, if she knows about her family's problems, she might blame herself.. I don't want that to happen. I really cared for Nee-chan (Ayaka)..

Tsubomi, Kousuke and Shuuya sat down quietly and awkwardly until Nee-chan Ayaka called for dinner. Everyone, excluding me rushed down to the kitchen for dinner. Tsubomi stopped her tracks and pulled out her hand, wanting to wait for me to go down with her to eat dinner.. I reluctantly accepted the hand and went down to the dining room with Tsubomi..

And everything went just as normal...

At least, it is normal...