Memories...

After Hiyori's disappearance, my mind was haunted by the memories of my family. It made me remember all of the dark moments that happened that I desperately tried to get out of my system.

Past

"Mummy, daddy, Nee-chan! I'm back!" I screamed.

No one replied to me... I could only hear screams coming from my parents' room... And suddenly, my father emerged from the room, looking very angry and with some slight blood stains on his shirt.

"Did daddy just....?" I was in a state of shock and I couldn't complete my chain of thoughts...

My father glared at me as if I was his next victim to kill... He then went back into his room again. With a feeling of fear, I quickly dashed to Hiyori's room and hugged her...

"Nee-chan, I'm really scared... What is happening to mummy and daddy?" I asked, with tears trickling down to my cheeks.

"I have no idea Emiko... Let's just keep quiet and do our own things okay?" Hiyori suggested calmly, though I knew, she was equally nervous as well.

For the next few days, that became our routine... Nee-chan and I had to be very quiet as we were both afraid that it made Daddy angrier... We were hopeless... We couldn't help Mummy at all... We allowed Mummy to suffered all by herself...

However, a few months later, my father had a sudden heart attack and passed away... It was really shocking. Daddy was always a very healthy person. So it was unlikely that he could get sick easily... That was what I thought but then I had no choice but to accept reality...

After that day, Mummy was always in her room or going to work. She did not spend quality time with us at all... I was very sad as I loved Mummy so much... However, I had to accept her decision. It was painful for me as I love to spend time with her but I guess I have to move on... Soon after that, Mummy told Hiyori that she was going to China to continue her job... I didn't manage to bid farewell to her... So many events occurred so quickly.. it was difficult for me to take time and dissect the situation carefully... How my life was in pain for quite some time...

And now Hiyori has disappeared without a trace. And no one knows where she went...

Everyone around me is slowly disappearing... And I'm still the coward who can't save them...

If I can't save them... then who will?