Chapter 10 - Jack's Positivity

I stood silent as I could hear the faint steps of Celia's slippers exit back into her room, closing the door with a bang. I could hear her groans from miles away. I didn't know that my being real could affect her like this. It's amazing how in just one day, everything could change. I could see her clearer now..she was still beautiful as ever. She touched me and I felt it, and even though she did it to see if I was really real, I still wanted to hold her hand.

Anyway, even of this topic. Gosh, I can never just think of her without wanting to hold her hand, kiss..no, stop! I looked down at the blue and white tiled floor. It was much clearer than it had ever been before. It was quite spectacular that everything in my world changed. I'm being really repetitive, but it's true. Everything is more vibrant and colorful. It's alive and real.

That man with one pill changed my life. But..is this forever? What will happen if the affects don't last? Will I become imaginary again..or will I..die? No, I don't even want to think about that! I looked up at the mirror. Such a clear, crisp glass reflecting..me.

Wow, that's what I look like. See, I always knew because I can see myself, but it's just so clear and vivid now. It doesn't even seem real, but ironically, it is! I looked at my shaggy, pretty messy for a morning, black hair, my really bright blue eyes, and my white tank top and gray shorts. I'm pretty tall..I think I'm 5"11, and I'm almost too skinny even though my diet consists of cake and M&M's. 

I wonder what Celia thinks of me. I saw her cheeks light up with red a bit, and her eyes lit up with sparkles. Even though she was concerned and a bit worried, that's how she always is. Maybe a little part of her was happy. Happy that I'm real. Happy that now, I get to go to school with her! Oh god, school! She tells me the tales of the horrendous mean girls and jocks all the time. Now I'll have to deal with them.

But now, I can watch over her. I can make sure she's safe and not bullied. I'll be her protector. Everyone will know that we are best friends, and I'll even get to meet her parents! This isn't going to be bad at all. 

It's going to be real. Really great!