Chapter 15 - The Invite

I woke up to see the credits of Big Hero 6 flashing on the screen and Celia leaning on my shoulder, peacefully asleep. This was the second time I woke up to see her in my arms, and I'm not going to lie, I like it. I like the idea of being there to protect her now that I'm real. I just hope I can stay real for a long time so I can always protect her. Please, old man who sold me the pill, make it last longer! Okay, that sounded weird. Yet again, the pill was not a drug.

Suddenly, when everything in the home seemed peaceful, the door burst open. I screamed and fell to the ground, Celia's head plopping on the couch. Crap, I didn't take her down with me. The fall was enough to wake her up. "Mom!" She yelled, knowing what happened. She scrambled around, looking for me. "Celia, down here." I whispered. She looked down at the floor and chuckled. She extended her hand and helped me up from the cold floor. I sprung back up to see Celia's father staring right at me.

He was as tall as a giant with a huge, gray mustache. If he had a goatee and some glasses, he'd look like the guy from KFC, but way less friendly. "Hi, dad!" Celia smiled, running up and hugging him. He hugged her back, smiling down at his daughter. Okay, maybe a little friendly. "Hello, Celia..who is this?" He asked, glaring at me. Nope, I take it back, not friendly. Celia turned back to me, a scared look in her eyes. "U-Uh, dad, this is my friend, Jack. Jack, this is my father." I smiled back at her father, walking up to him. "It's a pleasure to meet you." I declared, politely, holding out my hand for him to shake.

He shook my hand, squeezing it as he shook it. "I'm Celia's father. Why are you here with her so late?" He let go of my hand, thankfully! Two more seconds and he would've broken it from his strong grip. I held my hand and winced a bit. "We were studying and decided to hang out." I wasn't lying. Two hours ago, before I fell asleep by her bed, we were going over some bit of our history homework. After 5 minutes of learning what Alexander Hamilton did to Eliza, I threw our backpacks out the window. Our homework probably did get eaten by dogs, but by wild ones. Or by moose, considering we're in Canada.

Her father looked at me, skeptically. "Alright. I just don't think it's proper for a boy to be over with my young daughter this late at night." I was frozen with fear. Celia turned back to face her father. "Dad, mom approved it! She said she wouldn't be home until late, and that it was okay for Jack to stay over." "I don't care if mom approved it, I don't. I allow you to have him over and now he's spending the night?" Her father walked up to me. "Please, gather your things and head to your house. Who are your parents?"

I looked back at him as he had a soft spot in me. "I don't know." I responded, wistfully. He tilted his head, a bit confused. "What does that mean? Whatever, just go home, son." Her father walked away to his room, shutting the door behind him. Celia looked at me, an apologetic look in her eyes. "I'm so sorry, Jack, my dad is really protective over me and really doesn't like me hanging out with boys. Then again, I've been hanging out with you every single day of my life, and just today he met you." She laughed. I laughed right along with her. "Well, I hope in time he realizes I am not dangerous, but a protector for you." I swear Celia blushed at me, a bit taken by what I said.

Suddenly, the door burst open again, but this time Celia's mother walked in. "Hi, honey, I'm so sorry I'm late. Your father must've gotten home already, huh?" She stopped talking when she looked at me. "Is this Jack?" She asked, in a warm tone. I smiled at the drastic change in personalities between Celia's parents. "Yes, hello, it's a pleasure to meet you." I smiled, extending my hand out for her to shake. Her mother certainly had less of a grip, thank god. My hand didn't get killed for once. She looked back at Celia, smirking. "So, this is the boy you talk about all the time?" Celia blushed madly. "M-Mom!" She cried. I laughed a bit. Celia was cute when she was embarrassed. "Ah, you talk about me?" I teased her, towering over her.