Chapter 10

Author note: Oh my heavens! I am SOOOO sorry for not being a good writer... :( I feel horrible about it. Finals have been crazy, school has been crazy, and I just haven't had time. Thanks for baring with me, and like. I promised, here's the next chapter, FINALLY! :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jessica's P.O.V:

"No, Carrie, it wasn't a dream, it was real! And I can't take it anymore! I'm so tired of these dreams haunting me!" I break into a sob.

"

Oh sweet-heart! Do you want me to call your folks? What can I do to make you feel better? I know going through divorces are hard on the kids, but I promise you, you are strong and you will pull through it." She gave me a tight hug. How can I pull through it? It's been going on since the age of eight! It won't get better, in fact, from what I see it's getting worse. I try to think about something else. I just wish I was my seven year old self again. Not having a worry in the world. Not having to deal with a stupid crisis like this.

"Carrie," I ask as she stroked my hair.

"Huh?" She said with a small, sympathetic smile. "Can you tell me a story? Any story. As long as it has a happy ending," I said sitting up.

"Of course, anything for you. Let me think." Carrie racked her brain for a good one.

"And if I fall asleep while your telling me, just continue on, so I can dream about the sweet memory." I said waving a hand.

"Alright, so something sweet..."

"Once upon a time, there was a beautiful horse. The horse was a beautiful black Friesian with the rare blue eyes, that sparkled like the fresh snow. Everyone who heard about the horse became greedy, and wanted to find the creature, and claim her for their own. One day a man, coming home from a hunting trip, stumbled upon her. "I have a quick horse, and a good rope, surely I can catch her!" He thought. Quietly, he walked his sure-footed horse towards the Friesian. The black horse lifted her head up in alarm, as she heard crunching of leaves. The huntsman stopped. Lucky for him, he was hidden by a grove of pine trees. 10 seconds ticked by, and the huntsman came flying through the trees. He swung his rope, and BOOM! The creature was caught. He dragged her back towards his house. The Friesian fought a and fought to get away, but the mans grip was to tight. Finally she gave up, and slowly started to accept her fate. After an hour of riding, the mans hand became tired of grasping the rope so tight, slowly he loosened the roped. A little at a time, the huntsman slowly let the grip release from the rope. The Friesian could see what was happening, and quickly knew what to do. When the man lest expected it, she would jerk free, and run home, not stopping for anything. Some time when by when she decided to try out her Nicky thought out plan. Sure enough, one jerk sent the huntsman's rope come twisting undone. The Friesian turned and ran. She knew that forest and she knew she was safe. The huntsman never did find her, and she is still said to haunt the Wyoming mountains to this day." Carrie concluded her story.

"Well I thought you would have tried to sleep by now." Carrie said tucking me back in.

"I couldn't even try if I wanted to, I had to hear the rest. But why did you pick this story?" I asked confused. I was thinking about her maybe telling me a story about a Prince and a Princess who ended up getting married and living happily ever after. This was. Different.

"The moral of the story is to never stop quiting. And if you feel like you should quit, take a deep breath and figure out what you can do to make the situation lighter. Maybe if you stopped and take a deep breath, you too can find a way to find relieve from the pain inside." Carrie ruffled my hair and flicked my light off as she walked out.

The divorce. She was talking about the divorce, and the dreams. How can I find relieve? What do I need to do? I couldn't sleep. I reached for my phone and flipped it on. I went straight to my "Notes" app. Things to do:

*Realize mom and dad wouldn't get back together

*Find a way to stop thinking about it (like what? I don't know yet)

*Find away to help them understand what I'M going through

That sounds like a pretty good start.

I set my phone back on the desk next to my hospital bed. I lay in bed thinking about the Friesian horse, and admired her skill to think quickly and clearly. I wish I had that talent. I slowly drifted off to sleep thinking about the Blue-eyed horse running wild and free.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Author's Note: How was it? Was it good? I know it was super short, but It's 10:30pm and I am starting to doze off. Hehe sorry if it might not make sense right now, tomorrow I will go back through and fix errors. Love you ALL! And you ALL encourage me to write. I write just for you! Aren't you special! :) -Jill and Blue

P.S. I made up the story, so that's why it might be a little strange.... Haha :D

.