Chapter 16

A/N: That is Blue... Not my Blue, but the Blue in this book. You know what I mean :)
*Excuse my errors*
Justin's POV:
I quietly walked down the stairs, and entered the kitchen. The smell of potatoes and gravy had my mouth watering. I snatched a glass plate from a cabinet, and plopped a big spoonful of the fluffy potatoes on my plate. I carefully spread gravy all over the potatoes, making me have more than I probably needed. I didn't feel like anything else. All I wanted were my potatoes.
As I walked out, I heard the television on, and headed for the living room. No one was in there, and the cattle auction was on. Jackson sure liked his cattle shows, and he always picked the very best head. I found the remote, stuck between two couch cushions. I flipped through different channels, finally stopping on a movie. I took my spoon from under my potatoes and started shoveling them in my mouth.

Jackson's POV:
I can't believe Justin took her on that ride. He knew better! I told him how I felt, and he promised he wouldn't! Since Jessica has been back, all he has been doing was getting her into trouble. I can't wait until he leaves, because maybe then, Jess will have a better understanding of what it means to listen to me.

Justin's POV:
As I finish my last bite, I hear the stairs creek. I turned my head and saw Jess coming down the flight of stairs.
"You should be sleeping," I say turning my attention back to "Peter Pan."
"Yeah, I should. I came down to talk to you, though." She came across the room and sat down next to me on the couch.
"You were just out like ten minutes ago.." I was so confused.
"Well, technically, I wasn't really asleep," she smiled. Great.
"I knew it was you who put me to bed, so I came down to tell you, I'm not even tired," I laughed as she tried to hold back a yawn.
"Yeah, I can see that. Come on, you need to get your rest." I muted my favorite movie, and took her hand as I walked her back up to her room.
"But I'm not even tired!" She mumble all the way up to her bedroom. I sat her down on her bed, and laid her down again. I tucked the comforter around her, and started to walk out again when she popped back up, into a sitting position.
"Justin, really, why did you put me to bed twice?" She asked
"Isn't that what friends do?" I smiled and closed door, yet another time. As I make my self down the stairs, I saw that the movie credits were now rolling down the screen. I sigh, and flicked the TV off. As I walked back into the kitchen to take care of my potato plate, I took a glance at the time. 9:23 PM. Well, unlike Jessica, I wasn't tired. I stuck my plate and spoon in the sink and grabbed a pen and some paper. I sat down at the kitchen table, that we never even use, and decided to write a letter to Jess. Maybe that was the best way to get out what I was trying to say for so long.
============================================================
A/N:
Sorry it's short, like always! I'm not feeling to well. :( I always seem to get sick around Christmas time. Anyways, I just wanted to wish you all a very Merry Christmas! Thanks for reading,
Jill and Blue 🐴