Chapter Five

I rode in silence in Emily's car, yes we were on first name basis now when we were out of school. Everyone had suggested that we leave for the day, even though I tried to argue that I was fine. Everyone just kept telling me I was in shock.

I even insisted on driving my own vehicle, and yet again it didn't happen. The lawyer said he would have my vehicles and clothes moved to my "new" home by tonight.

  I watched out the window as we exited city limits and headed towards the lake, if that's where she lived it would be peaceful.

  I was in my own thoughts, about the kid at school today, my parents being gone, and now living with Emily.

"What are you thinking about?"

  I shrugged my shoulders continuing to look out the window, "everything."

  I know I should be feeling something right now, but all I feel is numb. Most kids would be upset about their parents dying, but I didn't feel anything, actually I almost feel relieved.

  We pulled up to a big house and I was right it sat directly on the lake, this was it, my new home for the next few months.

  Emily climbed out of the car and I followed behind her, as she opened the door the scent of vanilla filled my nostrils. It was a beautiful home, and as I was looking around I felt something at my feet.

"Well hello Kitty," I bent down rubbing the cat who didn't even mind that I was a stranger.

"Oh no I failed to mention I have a cat, your not allergic or anything are you?"

  I chuckled and shook my head no as the cat continued to beg for attention, "what's his name?"

She ducked her head, "it's uh Dempsey, and yes after Grey's Anatomy."

She was so cute when she got embarrassed, and I loved how her cheeks turned red.

"That's a good name, I probably would have went with Sloane though just saying.". Yes I watch the show too.

"Your house is amazing." I stood looking around, I found myself at the fire place looking at the pictures on the mantle.

"Actually it's our house now, that's my family, well my Foster family but they adopted me when I was young."

She was now standing beside me and I got a good look at her from the side as she eyed the pictures. Now I understood why she was the perfect guardian she didn't have many loop holes to jump through.

"Whose face is missing out of this one?"

  Her eyes held pain as she looked at the picture, "that's my ex, but I loved the picture to much to get rid of it so I just rubbed her face out."

  I tried not to laugh but couldn't help it, but one question I had, had just been answered. She was gay, and it made my heart rate accelerate.

  "If you'll follow me upstairs I'll show you your room, then you can look around. Since your gonna be here for a while feel free to do whatever you want to the room."

I nodded my head following her up the stairs, she had paintings on the wall and her decorating skills were amazing.  I had my head turned looking around at everything, "this is your room it has a bathroom connected to it, my room is the last one down the hall."

  I turned to look into the room and froze, standing in the middle of the room was a four poster bed, I could feel myself trying to breathe as I backed out of the room.

"Rj what's wrong?"

  I shook my head, I couldn't breathe much less talk. My breathing became heavier as I felt my back hit the wall and slid down, I buried my face into my knees, wrapping my arms around my legs.