Chapter Ten

The following Monday came quickly, and I was glad to be back at school. I had noticed a big difference in my mood lately, and figured the new medicine was working.

The only person still who wasn't happy with me was coach. I did so many bear crawls that by the time I was done I couldn't feel my arms.

He warned me if it happened again I would be off the team indefinitely, and I was bound to not let that happen.

Even though Eric was still trying to make my life hell I was able to ignore him. I'm sure his pride is hurt that he got his ass beat by a girl, and all his friends were making fun of him.

I made my way to the locker room, wanting to take a quick shower before heading home. The water felt amazing on my sore body. I turned the water off wrapping a towel around my body and stepping out.

I didn't have time to react when someone grabbed me from behind slamming my back and head against the wall. "Eric what the fuck!"

His eyes held rage, as he brought his fist into my gut. I tried to fight back but I was exhausted and from the workout earlier my muscles were straining.

He threw me back against the wall before pulling out a knife, my heart rate accelerated. I went to scream but he covered my mouth, bringing the knife to my throat. "Don't make a fucking noise."

He removed his hand from my mouth running his hand down and ripping my towel away. I closed my eyes, there was nothing I could do.

His face pressed against the side of mine, "you want to be a man, I'm going to show you how one fucks."

I cringed at his words as his free hand ran over my body, "Eric please don't," I was begging, but by the look in his eyes I knew it was useless.

He grabbed me by my hair throwing me down to the ground, the side of my head hit the bench and all I saw was stars. Before I could react he was straddling between my legs, pressing the knife against my stomach.

He grinned at me before slamming inside of me, I tried hitting him but it was useless, he slid the knife across my stomach causing me to cry out in pain.

It didn't take long before he finished, as he stood he spit in my face. I knew then he was going to kill me but instead he just walked away.

I laid there in shock for a second before crawling towards my bag I needed help, and I needed it quick.

I woke up to the sound of machines beeping, I blinked my eyes trying to adjust, realizing I was in the hospital.

I looked around and Emily was beside me asleep in the chair with her book folded over her lap. I opened my mouth, "Emily?"

Her head shot up as her eyes met mine, "RJ," her hands wrapped around my neck and I groaned as she squeezed a little to tight. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," tears were running down her face.

The events of everything that happened earlier today came swarming back. My body was tense as her arms were still around me. "Who did this to you?"

Her perfect blue eyes found mine, "Eric." Eventually I had to talk to the cops and Emily never left my side. Apparently Eric is hiding because no one knows where they were at.

After talking to the doctors if everything was okay I would get to go home by Wednesday. Emily told me everything that happened and all the approvals she had to give. I think she was scared I would get mad, but I never did.

I had 15 stitches in my belly and 4 over my eye, I wouldn't be able to play football for 4 weeks, but I would be back in time for district. I was ordered to take it easy until the soreness had eased, so I was basically ordered to bed rest.