Chapter 8

"Why do you guys start a semester with a test" I asked Ming, he was sitting on the far end of the bed surrounded by books. I had thought we had it worse, but engineering seems to be equally bad.

"I wish I knew "he looked up at me "would you still love me if I give up engineering and end being a house-husband?" he asked me looking so tired and he went back to his books.

I couldn't help but laugh, I walked up to him with his tea "Yes, I will. But you have to be a house-wife" I told him with a wink.

He suddenly looked at me as something had just hit him. "What" I questioned him.

"I will hold you to it, if I fail my exam tomorrow" he said taking the tea from me "Thanks. Why don't you sleep I have a lot to study" he sighed.

"No, I need to complete a couple of reports too" I told him as I sipped my tea "I will not disturb you, study".

It really was like we are playing house in my room, Ming and I have become inseparable except for classes.

It seems our gang had expanded to include Ming & Yo, while Forth is still trying to claw his way in – Pha still has his reservations. I smiled to myself.

"What time is your appointment tomorrow?" Ming asked me pulling me back to reality

"Huh... it's at 4 30 in the evening" I replied, knowing Ming "I really want to go alone Ming, please" I told him, he pouted a bit "Hmmm, if you say so – but I will come pick you up after" he agreed.

We both turned back to our books – it really was not that hard to realize what the other was thinking, I used to wonder how Ming does it few weeks back – but once I had accepted with all my heart it was not that hard to predict his actions.

Only I was late in acknowledging and accepting the truth, it took me time to trust Ming, but now he is just another part of me, my realisation came in parts now and then, but it was here finally. I look at him studying and I can feel nothing but comfort.

"Kitty – stop distracting me and let me study, else I would have to go to Yo's room and Pha will be pissed" he said.

"What did I do? I am just thinking to myself" I denied "Yeah, right- like you were not starting at me"

"How do you know? You never looked up from your books" I was curious "I don't have to look – I just know" he smiled

"Your mere presence is enough to drive me crazy" he smirked "Stop being a horny teenager and get back to work" I scolded him but i told myself to concentrate as well.

We must have gotten may be 3 hours of sleep the previous night, I didn't have classes in the morning but Ming has his exams. He was in the shower when I stepped out to buy us breakfast.

"Good Morning" I said as he stepped fully dressed and ready for his classes "Good Morning – my handsome" I said again "Maybe you should tone down a bit, I don't want people looking at you so much" I complained

He laughed "This is underdressed – I can t help that am super good looking" he said as he gave me a quick kiss "Don't me jealous, it me who should be worried – you are so cute that people can pack you up and carry you".

"Shut Up" I pushed him back "Eat your breakfast and All the Best – so you will see me in the evening".

"Ouch – not fair" he replied as he ate but he gave me that special 'puppy eyes' of his that he uses to get his way "Are you sure I can't come with you?"

I closed my eyes "Not this time – it is not going to work, pick me up later" extended my hands and found his face, I pulled him closer and gave him another quick kiss with my eyes still closed "Do well"

He sighed "Bye – text me please" and then he left.

There is a reason why I didn't want him to come with me to the doctor, I agreed and made an appointment for counselling, but I was still not sure how much it will help me and I still wasn't sure if I wanted to go.

I have had my share of doctors and medicine when I was a kid, mostly because my ma took me by force and I went without really understanding, it never helped me.

But I can feel the difference in myself when I am with Ming, he is better than any doctor – may be love is a powerful medicine after all. Or it is just that I have finally come to accept and face reality thanks to my friends and Ming – this time it might be better. I was contemplating.

I also had to go home this weekend – I needed to talk to my ma about what is going on. I was so lost in thought that I actually was startled when my phone rang.

"Hello –  How are you darling" it was my ma "Hi Ma, am good – how are you?" I asked her

"Am good, it is nice to hear you sound so carefree." She said.

"I don't know what to say ma" I said "Anyways – I need to talk to you about something – but I still don't want to come home? Do you think you can come to my campus? Is pa around?" I asked her carefully

"Yes, I can – he is out on a business trip, that's why I called you to ask you come home"

That's good; my ma is safe as long as I was not around to remind him how powerless my pa is against his dad. That's what I have come to realize few years back. It is me who he hated – but for all his faults he truly loved my ma.

"Okay instead why don't you come here today, you can stay with me for couple of days and I will drop you home on Sunday" I told her and she agreed. I cancelled my appointment with the doctor and then texted Ming to inform on the change of plans.

Ming: "Your mom is coming?"

Ming: "Why did you cancel, you must have gone to the doctor"

Kit: "How did your exams go? Yes, she will be here around 5 and will be staying with me so can you stay with Yo or in Pha's room for couple of days?"

I carefully avoided about the doctor, I will plan when am sure.

Ming: "Exams – went well, but that is not important, does she know about me?"

Kit: "I am planning to introduce you today"

Ming: "What, this soon – you should have told me earlier" he had added an angry and worried sticker

Kit: "Are you fucking kidding – you do remember how you kidnapped me to your home? At least be happy that this is a neutral environment" well revenge is sweet – I thought to myself

Ming: "Any tips? What does she like?"

Kit: "She will like you for who you are – don't you worry just be on time. I am going for my lab and will not have the phone on me, See you in the evening" I replied back.

I met Pha and Beam in the class room "Guys, Mais coming to stay with me for couple of day – so prepare yourself" I gave thema heads up and we couldn't talk much once the classes started.