Chapter 17

I walked with him in silence, he didn't say a word as well, we stepped in to our room and as soon as we stepped in, he pulled me into a tight hug.

"I missed you too" he said, it's time we spoke to each other instead of our friends", he said not letting me go but moving with me to the love-seat, he sat down along with me.

"I am sorry too...." he said looking me in my eyes "I never thought from your perspective"

"what?" I asked him "what are you talking about?" I continued, but he silenced me with a kiss on my lips.

"Hear me out kitty, before you reply to my every word" he said with a serious look on your face.

"I have always thought you were shy, but I was so confident that if I continue my ways you will get used to it" he paused "this was before knowing what had happened to you"

I didn't say anything, he continued "But once I knew .... I didn't know the actual impact – I just assumed that I understood what you were going through – and I still thought I will be able to get you out of it"

He sighed "Call it stupidity or the confidence of young love, but I was wrong."

"No, you were not" I started but he kissed me again "I told you to hear me out" so I stopped talking

"But seeing you that night, seeing it firsthand had shook me to my core" he paused to look at me, trying to gauge my reaction, but I just looked down so he continued.

"All my assumptions were shattered, and I started questioning myself more" he paused 

"I never did anything by the book with you , you know – first I shocked you with public confession, then my parents... hell I even cornered you into accepting me moving in with you"

I looked up at him – this is the first time we were talking about how he found me on that night, so let him continue

"I have never been as scared as I was that night – you were all battered, doctors told me you were in critical state and I didn't get to see you even once the 1st day in the hospital" he closed his eyes and then shook his head

"I started thinking, may be you were not fully open why you didn't like public display of emotions – so I controlled myself" he smiled now "it was the hardest thing I had to do – because holding your hands was as natural as breathing to me"

I continued looking at him, my heart was so heavy and light at the same time.

"I have not been able to breathe – I have no other way of explaining it, but Yo told me I am wrong, and to talk with you" he paused

"Yo was right, you should have told me" I sighed "it was the same for me – whatever might be the reason, being with you has become like breathing for me too – I felt so suffocated when you were not there"

"But when you told me to move out, I thought – I have crossed my limit, but I could never understand what I did wrong...." he paused

"I was so upset, that you could so easily ask me to move out, break up with me... my brain stopped functioning" he took my hands and kissed my fingers

"Oh Ming... it was never easy for me – I thought, you have finally realized what a tough life lies in front of us"

I now averted his eyes "I have not been able to be a true lover to you, till date..... I thought maybe you no longer intended to wait, but was stuck because you couldn't break up with me given my situation"

"Never" he said "Never think that – I can and will wait as long as you need me to, but please don't kick me out"

"It never once occurred to me that you may not know what to do, you have been so strong and my source of strength it never once crossed my mind that you can be scared too" I told him, as I nestled closer to him

I rested my head on his shoulder, my spot on my Ming "I missed your touch – most of all, your smile that comes on your face every time you see me"

"let's make a promise to each other" he said, and I looked at him

"No matter what, let's always tell each other" he said, extending his little finger towards me to make an actual promise. I smiled as i did what he wanted "Yes – I promise" and hooked my little finger around his.

"I really don't know when I started looking at you for support" I told him "but a simple touch from you, a single look or a smile – they give me a reason to go on"

"I thought you hated me for touching you in public" he said

"I was worried and hesitant – in the beginning, very beginning but now I don't think I mind it so much" I replied with a smile

"Really" he smirked and my heart skipped a beat "then how about my kiss" he came in closer with his face so close to mine I could feel his breath on me

I could feel his heat on me "you have no idea what it does to me" I said "It makes me feel so alive" and I closed the gap.

For the first time it was neither tender nor exploring, it was more of a basic instinct, a proclamation of the other as mine – he responded with same passion. His tongue fighting aganist mine for domination....

Before I knew it, he had somehow managed to stand, pulling me along, his hand worked efficiently and he was shirtless in no time.

I was exploring his bare skin for the first time, he pulled me in even closer and then we were on out bed, with him on top of me with his hand working on taking off my shirt. All the while he was kissing me.

His hands were now exploring me, touching me everywhere – places I have never been touched before.

I could feel the fear creeping in – I tried not to focus on it, but concentrate on the person kissing me.

He suddenly lifted himself from my top, before I could say no – In one quick movement pulled me on top of him.

"Take me" he said.

"What?" i was so stunned

"you will know there is nothing to be scared, TAKE ME". he breathed into my ears