Epilogue

"Kit, it is almost 11, when will you be done?" I can hear the tension and urgency in my hubby's voice, never the one to be patient.

I sigh "I am in middle of the session with Muana, should be done in 10 mins.Don't worry - i will be there on time"

"Okay - just don't be late" he cut the phone.

I turned to the Kid in room with me, "I am sorry sweetheart" i told him

He gave me a toothy grin and asked "Was it Uncle Ming?"

"Yes - he is the one I told you...." he nodded fast "are we done for today, should i call mom? I don't want to talk anymore" he whined

"Okay" he smiled at him "go call your mom", being a child psychologist is not an easy job, but i found my purpose there - who would have thought i would make a career in the subject i hated the most.

I signed out for the day - it is kind of a big day for us, Ming and I had adopted a boy and a girl, and they are going to come home finally today. We are having a welcome party.

It has been almost 14 years we have been together and with kids now, our family felt complete. 

Ming had taken over for his father and is successfully running his business, and i became a child psychologist to help kids who had been though trauma.

Sometime telling  my story to the elder kids did help them - most of all it gave them hope.

I never realized i had reached home and there he was scowling , i got down walked up to him

"Hey Darling " and i kissed him 

"Don't think you can get away with a kiss here" he said "you are late".

"I am not - they are gonna be here only at 4, and we have plenty of time" i said kissing him again "stop being to tensed"

"Easy for you to say - you are good with kids" he whined now "what if i mess up, what if they don't like me?"

"They will love you, all to be fathers worry this way" i looked at him in the eye "You will be a great dad - trust me I know.

Together we did a final check on the rooms, stuffs and everything we had got for our kids, and set the table and got decorations up.

"What time is Pha & Yo here?" Ming asked me

"He will be here at 3, Beam and Forth are going to be a bit late as Beam has a surgery today" i responded.

"Am surprised Yo could come this early" i said "It is still hard for me to imagine him running his dad's empire and very effectively  at that"

"Stop seeing him as the freshman moon - you will then realize that he is a lot more than that weak kid" Ming sounded proud.

"Yes that he is" i laughed "try telling it to Pha"

Ming laughed out loud now "He knows, but he doesn't bother - to him Yo is someone who he has to protect, sometime his possessiveness if too much"

Right then, door opened and Pha came in "Talking behind my back as always, huh Ming?" he gave an friendly punch

"Well - yes" Ming replied back and went to give a hug to Yo as he came  in "Glad you could make it" he said to friend.

"I would never miss it" Yo sweetly smiled back

The years never caught up with Yo, he lost the innocence but still had the same stature and perfect body as he did in college. Pha had become more muscular but we could sometime see the age in his eyes, especially when he has been tried after a long surgery. Pha works as senior cardio-thoracic surgeon is the same hospital where I work.

"Stop admiring me Kit" Pha said with a smile "when are your parents here" 

My parent now included of my mom, Ming's ma & pa - "Ma is alreaady here - she is in the kitchen making cake, Ming's parents are on the way."

"Are you guys still going for surrogacy?" Pha asked me

"Yes  - one for each of us, i do want at least 4 kids - that's why i got this big a house" i told him. Pha smiled "I only want 2 - doesn't matter boy or girl"

"Don't tell me - you guys are planning?" i was suprised

"Yes, we have been planning ever since we got married last year - and today we made it final"

I gave Pha a hug, "that's so great"... "Congratulations", same time Ming and Yo walked in 

"Yo told me, Congrats Pha" he wished my best friend luck and gave a quick hug. We were talking when Ming's phone rang - he had a quick chat

"They will be here in 30 mins" he told me, i could hardly stop grinning and the tension building up. I have met Aanurak and Dao, but only few times so that they could get to know us.

I was a nervous wreck now, and Ming put his hands around me "where was the person advising me sometime back?" he smirked

"Shut Up Ming" i told him, he had to tease me now of all time

"We will be a family" he told me in my ears, and i couldn't stop my heart from beating 1000 times a minute.

We heard a car stop, and all of us went out to receive our kids, who will be driven to us by the child services.

It was Beam and Forth, and we couldn't hide our disappointment.

Forth looked calm, collective and dashing as usual in his casual shirt and jeans, Beam was one person who never changed since college - in his usual t-shirt and black pants.

No one would believe that he is one of the famous neurosurgeon in all of Thailand. But he still made time for his family

"Wow - what a welcome party" Beam snickered "We can go back if you don't want us" he said as he came in to give me a hug.

"We thought it was the kids" I said as I hugged him back "and you like us too much to do that"

"Hrmm, Hrrmm" said Ming "You are my wife" and pulled me back "stop hugging Beam so much, he has Forth for that"

"Stop being an Idiot Ming" i told him "Hello Forth" i moved to give him a hug as well. "Hey Kit, Hello Ming" he said casually smiling at Ming's comment

while we were talking, 2 cars pulled in front of our gate

Ming's parents got down from the 1st carrying huge gifts for their grandchildren, while Aanurak and Dao  who were 3 and 2.5 respectively got down from the next.

I almost ran to them and took them in my arms and got them into our home, while Ming finished the final paper works.

My ma stepped out with a huge cake, and the children's eyes went huge

They ran to my ma, while MIng's parent complained "Not fair, you cant bribe them with a cake first - we havn't had a chance to take gifts out"

Everyone laughed and the kids quickly settled in.

We all had our cakes, and food. We played many games until the kids got tired. Their laughter filled my entire house.

All my friends and family settled in the living room, talking softly while i went inside to get some water.

My ma was stading there looking at us in silence, i joined her

"What it is ma?" i asked her slowly

She looked at me and smiled, wiping her tears "Nothing - am happy for you" she said and planted a kiss on my cheeks

I looked at the direction where she was looking.

Ming was sitting on the floor with Dao sleeping on his shoulders,he had a hand on Anurak  playing with the train set that Ming's ma had got him. He was surrounded by Beam, Yo, Forth and Pha. Ming's parents were sitting on sofa looking down at his grandchild playing as it was the most fascinating thing on earth.

I smiled "I am happy too...." i said as Ming looked at me and smiled.