Chapter Eight

(Seto's POV)

"I know that I-I shouldn't have, but when we first found you, this book fell out of your pocket. I want you to know that I don't care about what is in this book. I only read the first page, so I think you should read it, too", Sky says. He extends a book towards me, and I recognize it as the one Mr. Merfy gave me. I'm a little upset that Sky read it, but he had no idea who I was. I open the book, and read through the first page.

....................

Tears coat my cheeks by the time I get to the end. My parents........ and I really am a....... mage. I feel Sky watching me as I close the book. I start trembling. I'm a monster. I could lose control and kill anyone. What if I hurt any of my new friends? More tears leak from my eyes as I ask Sky, "A-are you going to make me leave now? I could k-kill you all". I'm staring at my feet when Sky steps forward and wraps me in a bone crushing hug. I only cry harder, thinking about how I'd be the one held Abigail when she cried. I'v lost so much in so little time. And now, all I have is pain.

A hug must of been exactly what I needed, because I soon calmed down enough to have a descent conversation. "Are you going to tell everyone else now?" I ask. "I didn't tell them last night while you were out cold, so why would I tell them now? I wanted you to wake up first so I could get your side of the story. But I advise you to tell everyone yourself, because nothing stays secret forever", Sky reasons. "I guess I'll have too. And if you want to hear my story, suggest grabbing a seat.

I explain to Sky how Aunt Lucy found me when I was little, how I'v always been a bit of an outcast, about my sister, and how my magic exploded when I was being beaten to a pulp. Sky asks a few questions throughout the story, but mostly says silent. After I finish, he says, "My theory has been confirmed. You aren't evil". I out right laugh at his remark. "No, I guess I'm pretty good as far as wizards go. Not that I'v met any others, besides Mr. Merfy".

We head back to camp after that, and Sky makes me go to sleep in his tent. I reluctantly agreed and crawled into the sleeping bag. I'm so thankful that not everyone thinks I'm a monster. It might be fun learning how to control it. I rub my hand against the cool metal of the armband, and an idea pops into my head. Mr. Merfy wrote down that I should summon my 'familier', so I'll do that in front of all the guys. Hopefully none of them want to kill me afterwards.