Chapter Thirteen

(Seto's POV)

I wake up to someone shanking my shoulders. I groan at the harsh sunlight shining on my face. "Come on, Seto! You have to get up! Phantom screeched at me until I came over here and found you. Today is the day that we start going to Roanoke", a voice whines. I slowly open my eyes to see JeromeASF standing over me. Phantom is perched in a tree nearby.

"Wha.........", I moan at him. He smiles, his fangs sticking out of his mouth. He then picks me up and slings me over his shoulder. I yelp in fear as he starts running back to the clearing. Phantom jumps from the tree and flies ahead of us. We break from the trees and into camp, ASF halting and dropping me on my butt. "There you are Seto! Where did you go this morning? We couldn't find you", Sky says. I pick myself up off the ground, before replying with, "I woke up in the middle of the night. Phantom wanted to try and teach me magic. I guess I passed out". "Before we go, I need to check the wound on your leg", Husky buts in. I nod before Husky runs up and pushes me back on the ground. He crouches down and picks up my leg in his hands. I forgot that my leg was even still hurt.

Husky unwraps the badge and stares at it for a few seconds. "Well....... since your a mage, I'm guessing that your healing is faster. The wounds gone. No scar on your leg, but the cut on your neck left one", he says. I look down at my leg to see it fully healed, no evidence of the cut. I bring um my hand to feel the thin scar on my neck.

"Don't worry, Seto. The scar makes you look tuff. Not that you can really look menacing, your so cute", Sky coos. "I'm not cute!", I whine. "Nope, your totally cute, like a kitten trying to look scary!", Deadlox jokes. I growl at them, and they stop joking and start staring at me. This starts to creep me out. "Uh..... what are you guys looking at?", I squeak. "Dude, your eyes just turned purple!", Bajan screeches. "R-Really!? I studied while bringing up my hand to hold in front of my eyes. In the shade of my palms, I can see a purple glow shining from my eyes. Yep, purple. The glow quickly fades, and I look back up at the guys.

"Don't worry Seto. Now that your using magic agin, your eyes will glow purple when using it. Emotions effect magic, so if you're mad, your eyes will glow. And now you won't pass out as much with small spells", Phantom explains. "Phantom says that my purple eyes will show up when I'm using magic, or mad", I repeat out loud". "Aww...... I wish my yes glowed butter-colored", Sky wines. "I might be able to change your eye color with magic....... but I'm not for sure", I say while looking to Phantom. "Nope. Not unless you want to pass out and blind Sky", He says sarcastically. "Nope, I can't", I correct myself. Sky wines some more as we pack up everything and break camp.

Roanoke, here we come.