Chapter Fourteen

(Seto's POV)

Throughout the day, Phantom had me practicing small spells with my magic. It was still a little hard to first call my magic, but I'm getting better at it. It's easier if I imagine that someone needs protection. The though of Abigail in danger makes my magic flare stronger and stronger the more I practice, but my new friends also make my magic surge to my fingered tips.

My magic relies a lot on my imagination, and since my magic is elemental and Warrior/Alchamie, I can do almost anything I think of. The more work it would take without magic, the more magic I use up. If I use too much magic, I pass out or possibly die if I cast too big of a spell. Phantom can luckily stop my spells if they're too much for me. Which happened a few times. I tried to make a spell that would temporarily stop time in a 5x5 area, and fainted on the spot. Phantom screeched at me for an hour after that.

I got to know everyone a lot better. They were all a year younger or older then me. Sky and TrueMu had done a year in Notch's army already. Sky was almost forced to stay and become a general, but he refused and left with TrueMu. JeromeASF and Husky didn't have too because they're hybrids. Notch isn't a big fan of hybrids. Bajan was year too young, and Deadlox simply ran away the day before joining the army for this year. I was actually pretty surprised that he got away with it.

They had all met only a few weeks ago and decided to travel together. All the food that they eat is whatever they can find in the wild. Bajan showed me a bunch of different edible berries, plants, and how to tell them apart from poisonous ones. Deadlox and JeromeASF showed me a bunch of ways to trap small rabbits like animals. Sky showed me how you can skin those small animals and use the hide to make things or to sell. Quinton helped me learn how to build temporary shelters and how to take care of myself if I get hurt. I'm pretty sure he could tell you a hundred different healing plants if he tried. And they all showed me how to fight in their different styles. Phantom says that I can't rely on magic all the time because I could exhaust myself.

As the days pass, it feels like one long training session. I've learned more on this adventure then I have ever learned back home. These six weirdos are becoming like brothers to me. On the third day of traveling, we all agreed to become a team. To watch each other's backs. I'm honored to be in such a great group of people. I actually broke down crying when Sky asked me to be a part of it.

Little did I know that this friendship would last for centuries, or that my future that had already been hand picked for me.