Chapter Ten

(Seto's POV)

Summoning your familiar will be very beneficial indeed. Familiars can help you with magic, and they share an unexplainable bond with you. Every Alchamie mage only ever has one familiar. If they die, the wizard could do insane, commit suicide, or just lose all emotion and a piece of themselves. Please protect your familiar with your life, as they will do for you.

To summon your familiar, you must first make sure you are wearing the armband that I gave you. Familiars can be put into a passive state that is easier to hide. This is why I gave you the armband. Your familiar is in the passive state. You must first draw up the magic in your soul, and into the palm of your hand. Your magic will appear as purple fire, because of your elemental magic. Imagine your magic swirling into the bat, bringing it to life. Magic is based a lot on belief. If you doubt yourself, then you'll never be able to rely on your magic, because it will be unstable. And try not to over think it. Your dad did that, and about blew up his entire house when we were kids.

I quickly rub out the tear from eye. I wish I could of met my parents. I stick the book in my pocket and hold up my arm with the armband. The little emerald eyes of the bat gleam up at me. So he's my familiar? I look over at the others and see them all watching me. "C-Can you maybe not stare at me?", I ask. They all immediately look away, expect Bajan who I see watching out of the corner of his eye. I turn back to the armband and turn my palm up. And nothing happens. What do I do now? What did I do during the fight. I was really mad....... so does my magic revolve around emotions? My frustration grows as nothing happens, but soon my mind drifts off to Abigail and Aunt Lucy. I'm so lost without them. I could hurt them with one wrong action if I'm not careful. That's why I need to learn control. So I don't hurt anyone.

I suddenly feel warmth in my hand, and I stifle a gasp. My hand is engulfed in purple flame. It doesn't burn, it's just warm. I focus in on it, and imagine it swirling around the little, purple bat on my arm. Some of the flame on my hand splits off and goes into the eyes of the bat. I'm working! I'm actually doing it! With the surge in my emotions, my magic suddenly erupts. I'm thrown backwards with a gigantic BOOM, and my head hits a tree.