Chapter 18: Careless Whisper

This was actually happening and for the moment, the canine-hybrid wondered if he was merely having one of those deepened dream states that he got into sometimes, but not this time. Henry would have to get over his own nerves and face this head-on like a champion would. The raven-haired hellhound gave a low sigh as he adjusted his bowtie slightly now before proceeding to look at the taller male, who was still sitting down and looking up at the hybrid with this questioning expression upon his face. Henry decided to stop wasting time and do this before he lost his one and only chance, holding on his right hand to his boyfriend with a small dip of his head. "Would you do me the honors of sharing this dance with me?" Henry said now with a clear and confident tone, though there was a slight hint of red in his cheeks that was barely noticeable, thank goodness. This took the other male by surprise and by surprise, I mean, a lot of surprises. For a long time, he knew him to be rather shy and secluded when it came to doing things like this with him in public, but perhaps the hybrid was finally gaining that confidence that Rebecca had said that he had possessed a long time ago. It made Beck smile once more and rest his hand on Henry's as he now stood up to be beside him. "I'd love to. I hope you are leading though," He said with a little chuckle, "Or else you're going to be in for one hell of a trainwreck." The hellhound simply smiled and gestured to the dancefloor without another word coming from either of them now. From the expressions of the creatures around, this seemed to take a lot more by surprise, but it made my heart swell with a happiness that I would never be able to describe with words. People in the human world say that I care about these creatures too much and should worry about more things in the real world, but not once did I ever listen to them. I just sat back and crossed my arms with a gentle smile resting on my face as I watched Henry become a bit more confident like he had been when we were together long ago.

"I feel so unsure as I take your hand and lead you to the dancefloor.." Henry murmured quietly along to the song as he led the taller male out to the polished floor and took a breath before he turned on his heels, facing Beck and resting a hand on his side, again surprising the brown-haired male. "I like this side of you, Henry, I won't lie about that." Beck decided to comment, which made the hellhound's face grow warm with a blush. "I'm never gonna dance again, guilty feet have got no rhythm." He mouthed, letting the music take him over and trying to just ignore all the pairs of eyes on them now. The older male decided to stay silent now and let the hybrid do what he wished, although Beck had to be honest with himself that it was nice that Henry could take the lead with something, even if it was something as simple as some dance. He liked seeing Henry like this, so confident and taking the role of the lead in the bond that they had shared for almost four months now. The time had gone by so fast that Beck didn't honestly know how long they had been together, but it was fine either way. From another small table in the ballroom, Sebastian watched the two dance across the open floor. He had to admit that he was happy for them, especially since he considered Henry one of his closest friends these days. Rebecca, Henry and him seemed to form an unlikely trio in the not-so-distant past and the purple-haired male wondered if they would have a chance to do something together for old times sake, like watch a movie or have a small book club. Of course, this was not the right time and place for such a thing to be thought about. Sebastian was not a dancing type of person, which brought him back to when he would participate in the Flower Dance in Pelican Town each year in the springtime. He never enjoyed it, to be honest, with wearing the tight blue suit to having all eyes on him as he would have to dance around like an idiot with the rest of the men in the community. It made him remember how understanding Rebecca was towards that and often would give him the choice to participate each time. He had always come to appreciate her for everything that she had done for him, from inviting him to stay here with the others to introducing him to Ryuu after he moved in with her, back when they were at the old mansion. As he thought about this, without warning, another person sat down across from him at the table, which immediately caught his attention. Turning his head, he recognized the darkened red-hued hair and small brown horns that stuck out from the figure's head as they set down a plate of small cubes of meat and prepared to eat them without further hesitation. However, he noticed Sebastian staring at him from the corner of his eye, which made the tall amber-eyed male meet eyes with his boyfriend from across the table. "What? I was hungry and you only gave me one." Ryuu said with a huff before proceeding to eat more of the cubes.