Prolouge

Julie was going to take over her dad as the new head warrior of her pack, The Blue Crescent pack. She will be turning 18 soon and has yet to find her mate. On her birthday, she smells an intoxicating scent that leads up to the Alpha of the pack, Rick, and they turn out to be mates. Rick rejects her and bans her from the pack. After turning rogue, she steps into the territory of another pack, The Harvest Moon pack. There she finds her second chance mate, Fred, the Alpha. He also rejects her and lets her leave the pack grounds instead of killing her for rogue because he knows she will go through rejection.

When werewolves get rejected twice, they go into rejection and they get a burning sensation in their chest at night. They start to claw at it making them suffer and bleed. Each night it gets closer to your heart, and on the third night you claw at your heart and die. That is what Julie starts going through. After going through two painful nights, on the third day she finds a field where she thinks is a good place to die and lays there waiting for the night to come. After a couple minutes she finds herself surrounded by warriors. "What are you doing here?" one of them asks. "I am waiting for the night so I can die," Julie replies.

"You're going through rejection?"

"Yes."

"Do you know where you are?" She shakes her head.

"You are on Royal pack's territory."

"Oh. I'm sorry. I will go somewhere else to die." As she gets up and starts to walk away, a man stops her and says, "The King wants you to be taken to the pack doctor to be treated and then he will decide what to do with you."

"Fine." The warriors take her to the pack doctor and she gets her injuries treated. A man walks in and they look into each other's eyes and it seems like the world stops and he growls. "Mate." She says, "How?"