Chapter 1

Derek's POV

I was sitting in my office doing my Alpha work when my Beta, Xavier, walks in with a smile on his face.

"Maria and I had a fun night last night. I can't wait to take her out tonight," he says. I scowl at him. "Don't worry man. You will find your mate soon, and when you do, you will be doing the same thing I am."

"I know but I am 24 now. How long is she going to make me wait?" I reply. I turn back to my work as he gives me a sad face.

Alpha, one of my guards mind-links me.

What is it?

We found a rogue out in the West fields. She is suffering rejection. What should we do with her?  Rejection is the worst thing that can happen to a werewolf. I would never do that to my mate, I think to myself.

Take her to Yousif and I will decide what to do with her.

Yes Alpha.

I felt bad for her. She found her mate then was rejected by him. She also found her second chance mate but was rejected by him as well. She was still a rogue though. I decided that I would finish the paperwork then go see her in the pack hospital.

........................................................................................................................

Once I had finished my work, I made my way to the pack hospital. I walk through the hallway when this intoxicating smell hits my nose. It was cinnamon and my wolf, Max, said, "Mate." I followed the scent into one of the rooms. When I opened the door I looked at the laying in the bed. She had beautiful auburn eyes that sucked me in, and her brown hair with natural highlights that went past her shoulders and stopped just above her breasts looked soft even if it was all matted up. Her pain skin looked sickly but silky smooth and I wanted to run my hands all over her body. "Mate," I said. She sat there looking at me when a shocked expression comes onto her face and says, "How?" Anger boils inside of me, as I see the bandages underneath her ripped shirt wrapped around her chest, thinking of someone hurting her. I turn and look at Yousif, our pack doctor. 

"Is she ok?" I ask.

"She has lost a lot of blood and she needed stiches to close up her claw marks but she'll be better in a couple of days with rest," he responds. I turn to her as she continues looking shocked. Then it dawns on me that she is the rogue that the guards found this morning and I start thinking about how she is my mate if she is going through rejection. I don't care. She is my mate and no one will ever hurt her again. I will give all the love she needs to forget about the men that almost killed her. I walk over to her and pull a chair next to the bed to sit on. I take her hand in mine and sparks explode on contact and I can tell feels them as well.

"What's your name beautiful?"

"Julie Woods," she whispered with a shaky voice.

"My name is Derek Gold."

"Are you going to reject me as well?" she looks at me scared with tears filling her eyes.

"No, of course not. You were meant for me, and I will love and cherish you forever."

She breaks down crying, so I pull her into my chest and rub my hand up and down her back careful of her injuries to comfort her. max whimpers at the sight of our mate crying. I don't ever want her to cry again and I will kill anyone that makes her.