Chapter 3

Julie's POV

I finish my sandwich and Derek takes the plate and puts it in the sink. He comes up to me, turns around, and squats sown a little. 

"Get on."

"What?" I question.

"I am giving you a piggyback ride so I can take you to our room to cleaned up," he states.

I slide off the counter and get on his back. I lock my hands loosely around his neck and he puts his hands under my knees. He stands up and walks out of the kitchen. I completely forgot that I still in the same clothes that I have been in for the past 3 days. I feel ashamed and embarrassed that he is seeing me like this. We are going down a hallway and I see a maid dusting a painting. She turns around and bows while smiling a bit. I put my head in the crook of his neck and breath in his mouthwatering scent, chocolate and mint. He turns left and goes up a white grand staircase with golden railings. Once at the top he goes right and I see a set of white double doors at the end of the hallway. They have golden knobs and have a carving of a pack of wolves howling at the moon. Derek opens up one of the doors into a gigantic room.

There is a king sized bed on the left side in the middle of the room. It has a white and gold comforter, pillows, and sheets. White nightstands sit on either side of the bed with white lamps placed on top. Across from the bed is a fireplace with a TV perched on top surrounded by couches. On both sides of the fireplace are bay windows. Across from us is another door that I assume goes to the bathroom.

Derek walks in and goes through the door into the bathroom. He sets me down on the white marble countertops and goes through a different door  on the left that is a walk-in closet. The bathroom is as huge as my old bedroom. There is a big bathtub that could probably fit four people, and next to it is a shower that could fit the same amount. There is a rack for towels in between the two, and the toilet to the right of me. The theme for the whole castle is white and gold, and this room strays from it. The faucets and knobs are all gold, while everything else is white. I absolutely love it, even though they aren't my favorite colors, they are my favorite paired colors. Derek returns with one of his button-ups, boxers, and sweatpants.

"They are the smallest I have, but we will go shopping when you feel better," Derek says.

"It's okay. I can deal with it and beside they have your smell," I reply shyly with a small blush, He smiles and asks if I want to take a bath or shower. I say shower not wanting to sit in all my filth and he turn it on for me.

"I understand if you don't feel comfortable with me yet to be naked in front of me, so I will wait in the room until you are done. Everything you need is in there and if you need any help just call for me, okay?"

"Okay." He walks out and shuts the door behind him. I hop off the countertop and look at myself in the mirror. I look absolutely terrible. How could Derek even want to be around me right now? My hair is a mess and matted with dirt, grass, and leaves. My clothes are completely stained with grass and dirt. They are also ripped, but the worst thing is my body. I look sickly pale and thin from blood loss and malnutrition. I have almost no color other than a little red to my cheeks from blushing. My eyes have dark circles around them from no sleep and crying so much. My chest has huge claw marks from when I was scratching myself. They are a dull red and have stitches in them.

Mate doesn't care how bad we look like, mate loves us for us Crystal says.

You're right.

I throw my clothes on the ground and get in the shower. The room is starting to steam up because of the hot water and it feels so good. The water cascades over my head and down my back. I attempt to get my hair untangled, and I finally free it from the self-created nest after a few minutes. I grab the body wash and scrub myself clean from the dirt while being weary of my scars. I then lather up my hair with shampoo that smells like mint and finish off with conditioner. I sit under the warm water for a little while longer then turn the water off. I grab one of the white towels and start drying myself off. I put Derek's shirt and boxers on, but decide not to put on the sweatpants because the shirt goes mid-thigh on me and they slip right off even when tying them as tight as possible. I walk out of the bathroom and see Derek sitting on one of the couches watching TV-- shirtless. He looks over at me and I say, "the sweatpants didn't fit and I don't know where to put my clothes or my towel." He just continues staring at me; he gets up and starts walking towards me while his eyes darken.