Chapter 18

Julie's POV

I wake to purring in my ear and light touches on my face. I peel my eyes open to see Derek gazing at me with love and adoration pooling in his eyes. He drags his finger across my cheekbone and traces my lips that curve into a smile. The purring stops as he leans down and places a light, brief kiss on my lips just to get a taste. He then skims his lips along my jaw and down my neck, stopping at my mark, kissing it before resting his head in the crook of my neck to breathe in my scent. I bring my arms up his chest and around his neck holding him to me. We lay content in each other's arms before we get up to get ready for this important day.

As always, Derek looks dashing in his navy suit and combed hair. While I dress in a simple white sundress with pink flowers on it, so I can easily take it off to get ready for tonight. I leave my hair down so Maria can do what she wants with it later. We leave the room holding hands and go down to eat breakfast. When we enter the dining room, Xavier and Maria are there along with Charlie, Shannon, and Alice chatting amongst themselves but grow quiet when we enter.

"Good morning everyone, " I say as I sit down with Derek next to me. There is a chorus of good mornings before our breakfast is brought out by maids. 

"So Julie, are you excited for tonight?" Mom questions.

"Yes, but I am a little nervous as well."

"What are you nervous about?" Derek asks with concern. 

"It will be the first time I am in front of such a large group of people. I just hope everything goes right. I don't want to trip in front of everyone," Julie explains with a lighthearted chuckle. 

"Don't worry. Everything will be perfect, and you will officially be my Queen," he remarked with a kiss on my forehead. With that everyone continues eating while the women gush about how gorgeous I will look, and the men discuss about security. 

When everyone is done, the men head up to Derek's office and the women take me to a room that has been set up as a nail salon to start getting ready for tonight. I sit down and have the worker prepare my toe and fingernails for painting. As I get my nails painted for tonight with gold, I get massaged in places they can reach right now, then after the paint is done drying they will do a full body message. 

After a relaxing massage, it is time to get waxed. I have never been waxed and heard that it is painful, but once you wax, your hair never grows back in that spot. I know weird right. It has to do with some plant that is mixed in with the wax to stop the hair from growing back and only works on werewolves. One time of excruciating pain to look amazing, and you never have to deal with it again. When they were working on me, I was screaming and crying so much that Xavier and Charlie had to hold Derek and Max back from busting in the room and killing everyone in the room. 

Once they were done, Derek run into the room and pulled me onto his lap to sooth me. I bury my face into his neck and inhale his scent letting it calm me down. When all my tears dried up, we went to eat lunch. Derek continued to scold the women for putting me in pain.

"Derek, it's okay. Beauty is painful," Julie says. Derek looked at her like she is stupid.

"You are already beautiful. Why put yourself through such pain for something you already have?" The women all swoon over what he said while Julie kisses him to thank him, but tells him it makes life easier this way. Derek shrugs and eats. 

After lunch, I am pulled away from Derek and won't see him until the ceremony. I am taken to Maria's room so that Derek won't see me before the ceremony. It is tradition to not let the King and to be Queen see each other until the ceremony. 

Maria has me sit down in front of her vanity so she can get to work on my hair. She gets her curling iron out and starts working on curling my hair. It takes awhile but my hair is finally wavy with curls at the end. Next is the make up. We don't put much but mom puts mascara, eyeshadow, eyeliner, concealer, blush, lipstick, and fills my eyebrows in just to enhance my features. 

It is finally time to get dressed and put on white bra and matching panties. I pull the sleeveless dress up and smooth it out. It is see through white with a elastic waistband and flowing bottom with slit at mid thigh on my left leg. There is a sheer white fabric underneath the see through white material. It was gorgeous. Slipping on my white sandals, I am finally ready for the ceremony.

We make our way to the doors leading to the garden since the ceremony has to be done under the full moon

We make our way to the doors leading to the garden since the ceremony has to be done under the full moon. I haven't seen what the set up looks like so I have no clue what I am walking into. Mom leaves to inform them that I am ready and waiting. Maria stays with me for a little bit longer. 

"Are you excited?" She questions.

"Yes, but I am also nervous. What if I mess up and make a fool of myself?" I worriedly state. Maria grabs my hands and hold them while saying, "Everything is going to be fine. After tonight, you will be Queen and bound to the love of your life."

I smile and squeeze her hands thanking her. Two guards walk up to us and say that the ceremony is about to start. I take a deep breath and hear Maria call out "Good luck" on her way out to the garden and find her mate. 

The guards wait for me to give them a signal to open the doors when I am ready. I take a couple more breaths to calm my nerves then look up and nod to them to open the doors. As they start opening the doors, I put a straight face on and look out to the blinding sunset.