Chapter 10

Julie's POV

Derek comes back in a black suit with a white button-up shirt. He kisses my forehead then asks the chef to make him an omelet for breakfast. He sits down next to me and says, "Yousif told me how your wound is, and I told Maria that it is okay for you to go shopping today."

I smile and hug Derek while saying, "Thank you so much."

"You're welcome. But I have one condition."

"What is it?"

"You have to have four bodyguards go with you."

"That's too many. I will take two."

"I will only go down to three. I just want you to be safe. The pack knows that I have found my mate; they will be all over you when they smell me on you."

"Okay. I understand. Don't forget that I was trained to be head warrior of my pack."

"And don't you forget that you are recovering from an injury."

"I know. When are we leaving and how am I paying? I don't have any money."

"Maria should be down any second, and I am paying for everything. Here is my card." As he said that, Maria came through the door and gave me a big hug.

"Let's go shopping," she exclaimed. I kissed Derek goodbye, grabbed the card, and went with Maria to the front of the palace where a black SUV was parked. We got in and another SUV drove behind us. We went down the driveway and onto the road. It was a 20 minute drive to the town, and we parked in front of a shopping center. Maria hops out of the car with me in tow.

Once we start heading to the center, I see that the three bodyguards are right behind us. I look around and see people staring and pointing at us. I shy away from the stares and get behind Maria a little bit.

"Don't worry," she says, "They are just interested to see what the King's mate looks like." I nod my head, and we get to the first store, Victoria's Secret. I slightly blush as we walk in. 

"We have to start with the beginning. Now let's find you some sexy underwear." I blush harder at her words, but start looking around for anything interesting. We keep hopping from one store to the next while one of the bodyguards keeps going back and forth to the car to drop our bags off.

It is now lunchtime, and I have no idea of the number of stores we have been to. I am not a shopper and have a picky fashion sense, so it has been hard on Maria. We get to the food court, grab hamburgers, and sit down while the bodyguards continue to stand around us. 

"I am surprised that nothing has happened," Maria comments.

"Why is that?" I answer back.

"You are the King's mate, and a lot of women wanted to his mate so badly. But here you are, and none of them have tried anything."

"Shouldn't that be a good thing."

"Yeah, but that just means something will happen late." We finish up our food and continue talking while we rest for another round of shopping. Four girls walk up to our table and sneer down at me.

"You are so ugly. How could you be the King's mate?" One of the girls that is in front spits at me. At this time the whole food court goes quiet to hear what is happening. 

"Excuse you, Maria says standing up, "How dare you disrespect your future Queen like that?" The bodyguards start closing in around the girls. "I don't get how the King got stuck with a flat-chested weak girl like you? I mean, anyone is better than you," another one of them says. They all start laughing, and Crystal and I are starting to get really pissed.

"At least I am not some stuck up bitch that tries to look pretty to cover up her shitty personality," I retort back. They all gasp, and there is a deathly silence.

"Maria, let's go. They aren't even worth looking at." I bump the girl that called me weak, and she gets thrown to the ground. "Seems like I'm not the weak one." The bodyguards stay with the girls for a moment and say something to them and then follow me and Maria to the next store.

"I can't believe they just said that to you. I mean they don't even know how much shit you have been through."

"I know, but I don't care about people like that. They try to act all tough when really they are nothing. So it is best just to ignore those types of people." We continue shopping for a while and then get back to the palace around 4. 

When we pull up to the front doors, Derek is standing there waiting for me along with Xavier. I get out of the SUV and run to him. He picks me up in a hug and places his head in the crook of my neck.

"I missed you so much, babygirl."

"I missed you, too."

"I heard what happened, and those girls will be punished for disrespecting their future Queen."

"You don't need to do that. They aren't worth it."

"Yes I do, because if they don't then that means anyone can disrespect you and get away with it, and that is not okay."

"Okay, I understand."

"Good. Now I want you to get dressed in something nice, and I am taking you on a date."

"Really?"

"Yes really. Now hurry up."

"Okay." I run up the stairs and down the hall. I get into our room and go to the closet. I see that all of my things are already put away. I pick out a nice black dress that goes down to my ankles and has a slit down the side. It is sleeveless and has straps that led to a u-shape neckline. I put the dress, a new black bra, and new black panties on the bed and take my bandages off before taking a shower. 

After my shower, I put my underwear on, leave my bandages off, and blow dry my hair. I put my it into small waves and put foundation, mascara, black eyeshadow, and clear pink lip gloss on. I don't like too much makeup. I put my dress on and look at myself in the mirror. I look beautiful. 

Finally I put some black heels on and walk out of the room. I start going down the staircase and see Derek at the bottom with his black suit still on. He turns around and stares at me. I see love and lust in his eyes. 

When I get to the last step, he gives me his arm, and we walk to the car together. He opens the door, and I get in then Derek. Does he not like what I am wearing? The driver goes the driveway and heads for town. Derek says, "You look absolutely beautiful."

"Thank you. You look handsome."

"Thank you. Did you have a good day shopping with Maria?"

"I did, but shopping is really not my thing."

"Is that so? Well good thing you have enough clothes to last you forever."

"Did I buy too much? I did, didn't I. I am so sorry. I shouldn't have gotten do much."

"Hey, hey, hey. It's okay. You can get whatever you want. Money is no problem. Don't worry about it okay? I just want you happy."

"Okay. I love you."

"I love you, too."