Chapter 5

Julie's POV

I open my eyes and see that we both fell asleep. I look at the clock and it says that it is 4:40. We have been asleep for about 4 hours. I shake Derek, and he grumbles and tightens his grip on me. 

"Derek wake up," I whisper softly. He slowly opens his eyes and smiles.

"How did you sleep?" He asks.

"Great. That was one of the best I have had."

"That's good." He looks over at the clock and says, "It's almost time for dinner." Suddenly I see his eyes glaze over, meaning he is mind-linking someone. When he is done, he looks down at me and asks, "Do you want to meet my beta and his mate?"

"Sure," I respond hesitantly, maybe I can get along with them. I have never had friends before so I don't know what to do. I start to get worried that they might not like me. Derek sees the distress on my face and asks, "What's wrong?"

"I don't know how to be friends with someone, so what if they don't like me?"

"They will love you. Don't worry about how to act and just be yourself. Everything will be fine, and I will be with you if you feel uncomfortable," he replies slowly so that I calm down. That's right, they are probably great people since it is Derek's beta and his mate. I see that he is mind-linking someone again, probably his beta. Once he is done, he starts to get up bringing me with him. 

"Let's get you some appropriate clothes to wear." I remember that I am still only wearing Derek's shirt and boxers. My clothes are in the trash, and I don't have any other clothes, so I don't know what to wear.

"What am I going to wear?"

"I have a sister that you can borrow clothes from. They may be a little too small on you, but they will have to do for now."

"You have a sister?"

"Yes. Her name is Alice, and she is 17. She lives with my parents right now, but she has a room here."

"That's cool."

"I'll get you some sweatpants to walk in." He goes into the walk-in closet and brings out his sweatpants again, with a shirt on. I put them on and try to get them as tight as I can. They still slip off my hips, but I just hold them up. Derek squats down, and I get on his back. He walks out of our bedroom and walks to the other side of the staircase. He stops at the first door on the right and opens the door.

The room is complete different from the white and gold color scheme, and it isn't as big as our room, but it is still bigger that my old one. The walls and bed are purple; the nightstands, dresser, desk, and curtains are black. The walls are plastered with drawings and paintings showing her love for art. The bed is to the right of the room, and the desk is on the left cluttered with art supplies. There is door beside the desk probably leading to the bathroom.

Derek walks through the door, and we enter the bathroom which contrasts from the bedroom by being all white. He goes left into a walk-in closet and sets me down.

"Take anything you want, I know my sister won't mind. I will wait in the bedroom for you," Derek says.

"Okay. Thank you."

"You're welcome, baby." He walks out and shuts the bathroom door. I turn and look at all the clothes at my disposal. There is a wide selection to choose from; Alice definitely is into fashion and knows how to put outfits together. I try to find some plain clothes instead something wild. I rifle through all the clothes and find a plain grey loose short sleeve shirt with a pocket on the left breast. I find black jeans with metal circles outlining the opening of the pockets. I also find some black converse to top it off; simple but cute.

I am not into fashion that much, but I know how to coordinate my outfit. I grab a black bra and thong, and get dressed. The outfit is a little tight, but I can deal with it for the night. I hope that Derek will let me go shopping tomorrow, so I don't have to keep borrowing clothes. Once dressed, I comb my hair out and leave it is its natural waves. I put a little mascara on that's it. I walk into the room and see Derek laying down on the bed. He looks up as I enter the room, and he starts checking me out. I feel insecure about my clothes, but all that goes away when Derek says, "You look stunning, baby."

Blushing, I shyly say, "Thank you." He gets up from the bed and makes his way over to me. He packs my lips softly and says, "You're welcome. Let's get back to our room so that I can get dressed for dinner." He picks me up bridal style and walks back to our room.