Chapter 13

Derek's POV

Julie falls asleep, and I leaver her in bed to rest. I go to my office to see Xavier there.

"Is she okay?" He asks.

"Yeah, just tired."

"What are we going to do about Rick?"

"I hope that he will just back off and try to find his second chance mate, but I don't know. The fact that he is trying to get her back after he rejected and banned her doesn't make sense. Why does he want her now? What is his motive?"

"I don't know but something ain't right."

"I want to tighten border patrol. With the rogues getting closer and Rick trying to get Julie, I don't want anything to get past our borders."

"Understood. I will get right on it."

"I want someone to watch over him. Also we need to call the surrounding packs and make sure they don't join Rick. They need to help us keep an eye on Rick."

"I will start contacting packs after I talk with Lincoln."

"Good. I will start right now." Xavier walks out to talk to my head warrior, Lincoln. I sit down in my chair and sigh. This has been a stressful morning. I take a moment to collect my thoughts then turn to my phone and start calling some Alphas.

An hour into my phone calls, Julie enters my office. She stands in front of my desk while I finish talking to one of the Alphas.

"I will talk to you later," I say hanging up the phone. I push my chair away from the desk a little bit and pat my lap for Julie to sit on. She comes around the desk and straddles me with her arms around my neck and my hands on her hips.

"Did you have a good nap?" I ask.

"Yes. It was nice. What were you doing?"

"I am calling up all the Alphas to tell them about you and the problem that has come up."

"Oh," she says sadly.

"What's wrong?"

"My past is coming back to haunt me, and I am dragging people who have nothing to do with it into my affairs."

"Anything that has to do with you will make me interested. You are my mate, and I want to make sure you are happy and safe. You are going to be the Werewolf Queen, so if anything or anyone threatens your safety then everyone will be worried. You are the Luna of every werewolf, and they want to make sure that their Luna is safe." She puts her face in the crook of my neck while I rub her back.

"It is considered an honor to protect the Queen, so the Alphas are eager to help." I feel her nod her head, and we sit there in silence. Xavier walks in, and Julie looks at him.

"I was talking to Alphas, and one of them was Julie's second chance mate," Xavier says.

"What did he say?" I questioned.

"He had a hard time believing that Julie was alive, but after telling him what happened, he believed me."

"Is he going to help?"

"He said he would and that he is happy that Julie found the right person for her."

"He knew that she was going to die, but he wanted her to find the right person when he was her mate. That is ridiculous but whatever, as long as he doesn't turn against me." Xavier nods in agreement and says that a few Alphas tried to dodge the question. I tell him we will deal with it later, and he leaves. Julie looks deep in thought so I ask her when she is thinking about. 

"I know why Fred said that he was happy I found the right person for me."

"Fred? Your second chance mate?"

"Yeah."

"Why did he say that?"

"He was in love with his childhood friend when I met him. After he rejected me, they found out that they were mates, I think the reason they didn't knew sooner was because I was rejected before she turned 18."

"That makes sense. So if you didn't get rejected, then they would have been mates right away."

"Yeah. I think so," Julie says dejected.

"Well whatever. They got their happy ending, and we will get ours."

"That will be nice." Julie's stomach rumbles since its lunchtime, and I laugh. She blushes and hides her face in my chest.

"Do you still want to have lunch with my family?"

"Yes," she whispers into my chest. I kiss the back of her head and mind-link my parents about lunch. After getting the confirmation that they are on their way, I stand up with Julie in my arms and make my way to the dining room. When we get there, I set Julie on her feet and tell the chef to make some sandwiches for lunch.

I see Julie messing with her outfit. She is probably freaking out about meeting my parents. I walk over to her and grab her hands, making her stop straightening out her cream shirt and pulling down her denim shorts.

"Baby, stop. You look great My parents won't care about what you wear since they have my sister," I try to reassure her.

"What if they don't like me?" She looks scared, and I think it is because her parents didn't care about her.

"They will love you. You are smart, kind, funny, and perfect. They have been waiting for me to get my mate for a while now, so they are excited that you are finally here."

"Okay." She tries to act calm, but I know that she is freaking out. The only way that will go away is for her to actually meet my parents. I sigh hoping my mom and sister won't smother her too much.

But maybe Julie needs that.