Chapter 20

Derek's POV

I was about to cut Julie's hand and make her my Luna, my Queen, my everything when that bastard shows up and demands me to give Julie to him. I warned him to stay away or else he would pay the price, but it seems that he doesn't care. Max and I shake in rage as Julie yells at him how he ruined her life, but lead her to me. Max takes over needing to be Alpha and in charge. Max asks the people to stand with him instead of telling them to like a true King. The people obviously stand to fight with us before we shift into our wolf form. It feels nice to shift, but I can't enjoy it in these circumstances. 

As we charge into the fight, I mind link Julie and tell her to stay away from the fight so I can focus. Then I mind link some warriors to stay and protect their Queen. I tear through rogues and enemy werewolves easily as I make my way over to Fred. He just stands there watching the fight like the coward he is. 

No wolf stands a chance against me, and my guards do a great job of clearing most of the path to Fred. I would feel bad for the wolves that are being forced to fight for him, but my mind is so clouded by the bloodlust and urge to protect my mate. Everything going on around me is a blur as I tear my way to Fred. He smirks as I approach and shifts into his dirty rust colored wolf. He is as big as me so I have the advantage, plus I am trained for this. 

Most wolves stop fighting as Fred and I circle each other. They create a circle around us to see what the outcome will be. Their fighting is pointless if the leader is dead. The initial fight to stop me from reaching Fred, but that didn't work since I am not going to lose. 

We continue to circle and growl at each other until Fred lunges first and I dodge him. He gets past me where I bite around the back of his neck to try and snap it. His jaws try to reach around and bite me, but my muzzle is out of reach. He clamps down on my front left leg. I yelp from the pain which loosens my grip, and Fred frees himself. He lets go of my leg and faces me again before attacking. We stand on our hind legs while biting and trying to find each other's neck. Using my strength, I force him on his back and pin him down with my body. I grab his neck about to tear his throat out when I hear my mate.

"Derek!"

With Fred's neck still in my jaw, I turn and face my distressed mate. She stands with a knife at her neck held by a man that looks slightly like her along with a woman that also looks slightly like her. Julie is shaking as she looks at me with her eyes big and glossy with unshed tears. I growl around Fred's throat and he whimpers in fear, but perks up at the sight of them. 

"I don't understand why everyone is fighting over this slut. I think that she should just die but Alpha wants her, so be it. Let him go, and Julie doesn't get hurt," the man declares. I don't drop Fred and glare at the couple. Do you trust me? I ask Julie through the mind link. With my life, she responds quickly. 

"Fine then." He takes the knife and goes to stab Julie in the shoulder, but Xavier jumps on him before he can. Lincoln jumps out and tackles the woman before she can do anything. With what I think is Julie's parents busy and Julie safe, I start closing my mouth around Fred's throat making him endure the pain. Then rid is throat out and watch as he slowly dies. Watching the person that wants to take my mate from me die was the best way to relieve my stress. 

I turn and trot over to Julie as Xavier and Lincoln knock her parents out. She drops to her knees and throws her arms around my neck while burying her face into my fur. I feel her tears hit my skin which breaks my heart. I shift not caring that I am naked and comfort my mate. 

"Shh, it's okay now. Everything is fine. It's all over," I whisper to her as she cries into my chest. I look over her shoulder and see Xavier with a pair of shorts in his hand. I grab them and put them on then pick Julie up and carry her to the palace. I mind link Xavier telling him to put Julie's parents in the dungeon and to start cleaning up the dead bodies and taking people to the infirmary if needed. 

When I get to our room, I set Julie to sit down on the bed while I kneel down on the floor looking up at her. Her cries have reduced to sniffles and she is wiping the tears away. I rub her thighs to help calm her down. She looks at me with her red puffy eyes with tear stains on her cheeks. I grab her face gently and her lead her into a kiss. It is slow and reassuring. 

Once we pull away, I say, "I love you." She smiles and says, "I love you too."

"It is all over now. That asshole is dead, and your parents won't ever be able to hurt you any more. We will official announce you as the Queen tomorrow and make sure that everyone is alright. I will take care of your old pack since they were under the influence of Alpha command. We will rule together for the rest of our lives without worry. How does that sound?"

"That sounds amazing, but we never joined blood. We were cut off before it happened. Can we still do it? I want to be apart of this pack."

"Of course we can. Let me get a knife." I kiss her forehead and leave the room to get the knife. Our hands almost immediately healed because of our increased healing properties. I grab the knife and rush back up to Julie, not willing to leave her alone for long after what happened. Once back inside our room, I cut my hand and take hers and cut it then place our hands to complete the bond. With this, she is officially part of the pack. 

Her eyes brighten, and she smiles so big. I want to always look like that. I smile at her when she looks at me. She tackles me in a hug then smashes her lips on mine. The kiss heats up quickly and I put back to make sure she wants this to go where it is about to. She blushes and nods shyly before looking at me under her eyelashes which instantly sends my blood south. Goddess, I love this woman.