Chapter 9

Julie's POV

I am so warm. I curl further into the warmth. It is hard but comfortable. I trail my hands on it and trace the lines. I trace along the six boxes which lead to a v-line that goes under a fabric. I realize that it is Derek's chest when he groans and says, "You having fun there." I open my eyes and see a chest in front of me. I look up at Derek and blush. "Sorry," I say while pulling my hands away.

"It's okay. You can do whatever you what to my body. It is yours as much as it is mine." Derek puts my hands back on his chest and kisses my forehead. I look at his abs while tracing them enjoying the feel of him shiver. He lets out a purr and my head snaps up. 

"Did you just purr?"

"Yes, but let's not tell anyone else, okay?" I nod my head quickly, because I am the only one that can make him purr. I feel his hand slip under his shirt, and he starts rubbing little circles on my skin. He puts his head in the crook of my neck and starts putting little butterfly kisses up my neck. My breathing gets heavier, and I move my arms around his neck. He trails kisses along my jaw until he gets to my lips and gives me a deep kiss. I kiss back automatically, and he nibbles on my bottom lip before sucking it in his mouth. he lets go and pulls back and looks me straight in the eyes. His green eyes staring into my auburn eyes. He gives me a quick peck on the lips before saying, "You are so beautiful. I love you so much, baby."

"I love you too."

"Let's get up and get you something to eat." Derek gets up and pulls me with him. I wince, and he crouches down and asks, "Are you alright? Where are you hurt?"

"I am fine just a little sore."

"Alright, but I want Yousif to check on you."

"Ok." We head to the bathroom and go into the closet. He puts a white muscle shirt and athletic shorts on. He grabs his sweatpants for me to wear. I put them on and try to get them as tight as I can, but it doesn't work. I groan as they slip down my legs. Derek chuckles and ties them then picks me up bridal style. We get to Alice's room, and he sets me down in the closet before shutting the door behind him. I grab a red sweater and black jean pants. The sweater hangs off one shoulder, and the pants are tight on me. I hope I can go shopping today. It's not like I hate her clothes, but it really isn't my style. I am just glad that she has some plain clothes within her stash of wild ones. I put on a pair of black converse, but they are a little tight. I don't want to deal with make-up today, so I leave it off. I walk out and see Derek looking at some of the pictures on the walls. He looks back at me and smiles. I smile back while he looks over me. He stops at this one spot and his eyes light up. I frown and ask, "What made you so happy?" He walks over to me and brushes his hand over my right collar bone then puts it on my hip along with the other one. 

"The love bite is showing," he says with a bright smile. I look down and see that my right shoulder is exposed because of the sweater, and the mark is display. I shrug my shoulders, because I am fine with it. It means that there is someone who loves me. I smile, and he takes my hand and pulls me out of the room. 

"We are going to have Yousif look at your wound and get you breakfast while I go workout. After that I will decide if you can go shopping with Maria today, okay?"

"Okay, but do you workout everyday?"

"I workout every morning to stay in shape, and when you get better, you can join me."

"Okay. I want to start again." We walk down the familiar hallway but keep going past the dinning room. Another staircase comes up, so this must be the other side of the palace where Maria and Xavier live. We keep walking and it turns into a singular hallway that turns left into another mansion. This must be the pack house. We pass people and they bow in respect of their King. We keep going pass what looks like a living room to an area that definitely looks like a hospital. We walk past the front desk and get to another staircase that isn't as big as the others and go up. We go right then head into an office. How did I not feel how long the walk was yesterday? I must have been completely out of it. Yousif is sitting behind the desk and looks up when walk in. 

"Alright baby, this is where I leave you. You know how to get back, right?" I nod my head and he says, "Okay. I am going to be gone for about an hour. You can make your own breakfast or ask one of the chefs to do it. See you in a bit. I love you."

"I love you, too." He kisses me and walks out of the room. I turn and look at Yousif and he says, "Let's take a look, shall we?"

I take my sweater off and start undoing the bandages. He helps me pull them off, and when they are off, we see that the wound is already almost healed. He asks me a series of questions about how it feels. Once he is done, he wraps me back up and says, that I am good to go out today but he wants to see me tomorrow. I walk out of the office and make my way back to the palace. I get to the kitchen and ask a chef to make me a couple of chocolate chip pancakes. I eat them while I wait for Derek to be done.