Ohana

Our vacation was ending. It has been an exciting experience being here with the Grays. I have realized that Grammy Gray isn't as bat shit crazy as she seems, and Grayson isn't as rigid as he looks. Raising three rowdy boys can make anyone nuts.

I also learned that Nate's brothers had a unique personality along with their wives. As for Karen, I think she will be fine as long as she loosens up.

The best part was being able to have fun with all of them.

Since it was our last night in Hawaii, we all went to a luau. That is where things took a turn. Remember the incident with Nolan and the angry husband? Yeah, that would end up biting us in the ass.

We walked up and took a seat on the ground at a table where different Hawaiian foods laid out in front of us. There were women dressed in hula skirts and leis. Other people had also joined. The women walked around and placed a lei on us as tradition. Some other native guys were standing around wearing a Hawaiian shirt and a malo, a wrapped cloth that was traditional Hawaiian attire at a luau.

As we sat, a man stood in front of us, "Aloha!"

"Aloha!" Everyone exclaimed.

"Welcome to our traditional luau, presented on the last night of a vacation stay. We welcome you with open arms and also say farewell as you prepare to leave to travel home. We will start with a hula dance by our dancers, followed by a feast and other Hawaiian traditions. Now, in Hawaii, we have a word for people, and that's Ohana. Ohana means family and family never gets left behind. We welcome people as our Ohana and hope when you travel home, you remember us as your Ohana."

Nash and I looked at each other and smiled.

"Now, without further ado, let's start this luau!"

Just then, two men stepped in front with fire sticks and blew something at them, causing balls of fire to appear into the air, signaling the dancers performed. Drums sounded, and they moved their hips to the beat of the drum and rolled them around. Another man played the ukulele, and they danced to the music. It was amazing.

After the dancers finished their dance, they passed dishes around. I had to admit that the cuisine was delectable. They like pineapple. We all talked, laughed, and ate enjoying our last night in Hawaii.

After we ate, this would be where things took a turn.

"Hey!" We turned, and there he was with his wife. Oh shit.

"I will break your neck, you little weasel," he shouted at Nolan. Nash, Nixon, and I looked at each other. That was so not good.

"What's he talking about?" Nate asked Nolan.

"Nothing, he is talking about nothing." He lied.

"Come here," the guy growled as he charged towards Nolan, who ducked under the table, trying to get away. The guy chased after him.

"I guess we should help the idiot out," Nixon huffed as the three of us got up and tried to stop the guy.

"I think you have the wrong guy," Nash said, standing in front of him.

"Get out of my way!"

"Yeah, I can't do that," he said. Then the guy picked up Nash and tossed him.

"Or not," Nixon said as we both looked at each other. Then the next thing I knew, Nixon jumped onto the guy yelling, "Cowabunga!"

"Did he just use a Ninja Turtle reference?" Nathan asked Noah.

"Yep," Noah answered.

We watch the guy toss Nixon around while the adults were trying to rescue him. I ran over to Nash. I mean, they seem to have it under control as I watch Nate fly, or not.

I helped him up, and we looked at each other and ran into the brawl, which formed from everyone fighting.

"Is that Ma, who has a woman in a headlock?" Noah asked.

Nash looked and said, "Yep. Go, Ma!"

"Was it necessary for you to flip me off?" He yelled at her.

Food went flying, and I ducked with it hitting Jace in the face. I turned and looked at him and said, "Oops." Then I started laughing.

"Hang on, Nix! Come on, you guys," Nash yelled to his brothers. The four of them went after Nixon tackling the guy to the ground. Is it wrong that I find Nash hot right now?

Nixon looked at Nash. "We need to bound and gag him!"

"Yep," Nash agreed.

As they took care of the big Hawaiian guy, the others were dealing with other people. Grammy was hitting some guy with her purse while Grayson took on some other guy. It was a mess.

Then we heard whistles blown. We all stopped immediately to see the cops standing there. I had a feeling we would jail on our last night there.

We all sat in a jail cell; some had black eyes, Nate. Some had food on them, Jonas and Cayson. Others were wondering how the hell they were getting out this mess, Nolan.

Nate stood up and walked over to Nolan and glared at him. "Why?"

Nolan was about to answer when Nate stopped him. "Don't because I can guarantee, no answer you have will do." He turned and looked at Nash, Nixon, and me. "And why do I have a feeling you three know all about this?"

We looked around and whistle. "Yep, you do. Because every time something happens, you three are prime suspects."

"Oh, Nathaniel, you need to relax," Lucille said to him.

"Relax? We're sitting in a jail cell, our last night in Hawaii, Ma. And you want me to relax? That's just great. You are so calm about all of this."

"Nathaniel, listen to your mother," Grayson ordered him.

As we sat there, Nixon said, "Well, at least we'll have great memories." Everyone looked at him, and he smirked. That's when they started laughing. It was true. It would be something to look back on and laugh about in the future.

Finally, a guy walked over and announced, "Gray family, you're free to go!" He opened the cell door, and one by one, we walked out. None of us asked why we were just glad to be free, although I had a feeling that Nolan wouldn't be seeing the light of day for a long, long time.

We went back to the house and walked in. Nate went to the kitchen and got a bag of frozen peas from the freezer and placed it on his eye. He stood there, holding the bag to his eye, leaning with his back against the counter.

"How's your eye?" Pat asked him.

"Black," he grumbled.

She turned to all of us. "Okay, go get packed and get to bed. We leave tomorrow." We all started upstairs when she said, "Except you, Nolan. You and we will have a long talk about your secret lifestyle."

He sighed. "Pray for me because I will never see the light of day ever again."

"Better you than us," Nixon smirked. The rest of us couldn't help but laugh. Yep, this has been one hell of a vacation.