36.Back story of pain

"Are we making a big deal about this?"
"No! If we didn't do this, the fight that they are pushing....it will kill us all.." I hear a pause.
   I got stuck driving while Paisley and Lylana fell asleep.
  I listened to Ash and Scott's conversation.
   "I love her. I can't watch her die. I can't let David take her. I can't....it's.... Man, look..... She loves West. He told me. He told me he had cancer. I didn't know what to do. This is all my fault and now Nora is going to die because of me. I just know it. Something bad is gonna happen and I have a feeling." I stare at the Walkie.
I feel like I've put pressure on everyone. Why am I so special?
"Suspicious car up ahead." Triston gets on the Walkie/radio.
I look to see a person and turn to see Lylana in my face.
"Ahgebeheisj!!!" I scream.
"I'll take it from here." She says as I keep my foot on the gas and hands on the wheel and she slides in.
"Is everyone ok?" A frantic Ash comes on.
"Yeah why?"
"You screamed."
".....Lylana."
"Oh."

I walk in to go to my bed. I strap my curtains while looking out the window. I think of West and Ash.
West made his decision but I still love him.
We hit a bump and I go up but fall on my soft mattress.
How is Paisley asleep?
Well....we do have straps but we also have a setting that when you go to sleep, you can't feel anything that's going on around you.
How ironic.
We turn and Lylana yells..."I gotta pee! Pitstop!!!"
I shake my head and laugh.
Triston walks into the RV as Lylana walks out.
"Is something bothering you?" He asks as he keeps his hands in his pockets and rocks back and forth on the balls of his feet.
"Is something bothering you?" I ask.
"You?"
"Welll...."
"Look...I uhhh. I've never told anyone this but I-i I'm not as much as a dumb ass as you all think I am."
"OMG! Really?" I can't believe it.
"Yeah. I have a backstory like you all. I haven't always been a dick. It's just....I haven't seen my family in a while so it's kind of hard to grow up without figures." He chuckles and looks down.
Ash walks in and he goes completely silent.
"Hey." Ash kisses the top of my head.
"Come on! I'm gonna show you something." He says as he takes my hand.
I sigh and go.

Triston POV

3 years before

"I'll become something! I'll show you! I'll mean something to someone! You'll see!" I yell as I run outside into the cold, crisp, winter air.
Ever since my parents got a divorce, We get in arguments a lot.
I tell them I want to be a ballerina. It was always a no.
I'm only in 11th grade, 16. I play basketball, soccer, and I have the best group of friends in the world. It's me, Luke, Chris, Fred, Paisley, and Brooke.
   (Yes... Our Chris and our Brooke and Paisley.)

Luke

Chris at the time

Chris at the time