2: "Let Me Fade"

TW: self harm

I awoke, still on the ground, with rain pouring down. I had a blanket over me and felt the presence of someone by me. I turned my head to see my one of my childhood and current best friends, Jughead Jones III. I haven't talked to him in what feels like forever, but at the same time, I haven't really talked to anyone. What was he doing out here and why was he sitting here next to me.

"Well, I see you're awake," Jughead greeted me. "Jughead?" I questioned aloud to make sure I wasn't seeing things. "Yeah, it's me," Jughead replied. I sat up and rubbed my head. "What...What're you doing out here?" I asked him. "I should be asking you that. What happened to you?" Jughead responded. "I think I fell and passed out or something, I can't really remember," I replied, not being able to recall what had occurred.

"Well, I did the best I could to keep you dry," Jughead said, motioning to the blanket. "Right, because with me being unconscious, it would look suspicious if you were dragging me through a forest," I pointed out. "Well, I would've carried you," Jughead mentioned. Why is it that when he said that, my heart skipped a beat? Jughead Jones, what're you doing to me? "Also, I wasn't going to change out your clothes for dry ones with you being passed out," Jughead said.

I stood up and felt a little dizzy, but I shook it off. "Hey, Juggie?" I asked. "Yeah?" Jughead responded. "Why did you help me?" I asked, putting my arms behind my back and intertwining my fingers. "Because, Betty, you're by best friend. I care about you and I was worried," Jughead answered. A part of me was glad he helped. But the other part of me wished he didn't. I wished he would have just let me fade and disappear for a while. Be lost.

"Thank you, Jughead," I thanked as he grew a slight smile and chuckled. "What're friends for?" Jughead responded, shrugging his shoulders. I just chuckled, and then realization hit him, and broke my heart hearing him say, "Oh, by the way, when I was trying to see if you were hurt, I found cuts on your wrist. What's that about?" concernedly. How do I tell him that I cut myself and that I'm actually depressed? That I've tried to kill myself?

"I, uh, it...it's nothing," I stuttered. It was getting pretty late as the sky turned to a darker blue then its usual shade. "Wow, would you look at the time! It's getting pretty late, I should go home," I quickly rambled, cleaning the dirt off my coat and jeans. "Oh, um, okay," Jughead responded. I pulled him into a light hug and thanked him again. "Hey, Betts, you wanna go to Pop's tomorrow?" Jug asked. "Sure!" I said. We said our goodbyes and I left. I left running.