Chapter Twenty-One: I Know What You Did Last Summer

Shiloh's baby blue silk pyjamas sashayed as she padded over her carpeted bedroom floor to drop beside me. She placed a bowl of popcorn between us and I grabbed a handful.

"It's been a stressful few months for you, hasn't it?" She said. I nodded. "How did you keep up with school amongst all of this?"

I shrugged, "I didn't really. My marks haven't been so good. I have to work on that before A-levels come around..."

Shiloh nodded, and sipped her cup of tea.

"After everything that happened, I was actually doing really well with school, funnily enough," I went on, "It was almost like I wanted to make a point. Boast that I wasn't being dragged down by it."

"What did happen, by the way?" Shiloh said, readjusting herself on her cushions. I shifted my head to the side.

"You still don't know?" She shook her head. "Oh. I thought Matt or Harry would have told you by now."

"I asked," she said, "They said it was your story to tell'."

I shrugged, a gentle smile playing on my face at the boys' kindness.

"Ok then," I said, and sat up. "You're going to want to get comfortable," I teased in an American announcer's voice, "Because this is going to be a looonggg ride."

Shiloh rolled her eyes and sat back, "Just tell me already!"

And I did.

This is the story of how I lost my five best friends.