Chapter 3: Rescuing Kara

*Leon's POV*I noticed Kara's earpiece went disturbingly quiet

*Leon's POV*
I noticed Kara's earpiece went disturbingly quiet. There were no sound coming from it, not even a crackle. My gut feeling told me something was terribly wrong.

"Kara. Kara, do you read?" I paused a beat, waiting for a response.

"Kara. Kara do you Copy? Chris, see if you can get through to her."

"Agent Rheyes, this is Captain Chris Redfield, do you read any of us? Kara?"

Then we both heard static.

"That's never a good sign." I said. "I should've never let her walk in there by herself in the first place." I immediately started blaming myself for this and hated the fact I didn't go with her. God only knows what could've happened to her. "She's been captured. I know she has. For her to go silent on us just all of a sudden when she walked into Jason's building is shady."

"Extraction team, Charlie and Bravo, we've got a situation: Agent Kara Rheyes has been captured. All units proceed into the building with caution. New rendezvous point, The Corner Café. Standby. DC, I need you to drop us in the park. Leon, you stay..."

"No, Chris. I'm not staying on the plane. She needs us." Chris just shook his head.

"Alright. Nadia, you and DC keep a lookout."

"Roger." Nadia said.

"This has Umbrella written all over it." I said, loading by gun.

"What makes you say that?" Chris asked.

"Just trust me. It just does. It's a feeling I get and it usually right."

"We can't be sure over a 'feeling' you just randomly get, Leon."

"Why else would Kara's mic go silent just all of a sudden? No movement within the building? There must've been something she was hiding from us. She hasn't reported back to us within that 15 minute time span."

"Why would she hide anything from us? She trusts us."

"She's a special agent. It's what she does. It's what Ada did. It's not that she trusts us, it's just that some things are better left unsaid and unknown. The less people that knows about it, the less explanation time. She's done this before and for various reasons and I've always entrusted her with whatever reason it could be."

Chris looked at me slightly confused. "I don't like when a team member keeps vital information from the rest of her team that could potentially put them in danger. Whatever that reason is, I don't care. Special agent or not."

"Never mind. Just forget I said anything. You wouldn't understand anyways. I trust her and you don't. You'll soon understand why she does this type of thing. Even before she became a special agent, she did this."