Day 3

Ella's POV

When Alex walked in with a box he set it down on the table, while we all stood around, Christian, Derek, Dwayne and I. Ava and Olivia were already in bed, Christian had Skype Sam. So here we stood looking at the box

"Okay open it slowly" Christian instructed

"Yes Sir" Alex replied

Then he slowly removed a knife from his pocket and started cutting the tape that surrounded the box and there was white tissue paper, there was no sign of blood or a fowl smell. Then he lifted the tissue and there was a toy leg with a red mark down the side of its thigh and a note

"When the show must go on, break a LEG"

"I don't understand what does this mean its quite a cryptic clue... I reached out to touch it when..."

"Don't touch it" Sam yelled through Skype "We will send it away to forensics to see if we can get any prints off the parcel"

I stepped away from the box but it confused me, I looked around the table to see if anyone else had an idea of what the heck this meant. But not one of us had any ideas.

Christian organised for the parcel to be sent to Sam overnight so he could test it in the morning. We all thought it best that we get some sleep and talk some more about it in the morning. I'm so grateful and glad there was no body part and my family were all safe.

The next morning we woke and were having breakfast discusing what the cryptic message was about that we received last night. Then Derek ran into the room

"Christian ring your sister" he said

As Christian grabbed his phone he noticed he had received over 17 missed calls from Annette.

"Shit"

"Annette..... okay calm down..... what happened...... WHAT.... its going to be okay I'm leaving now.... okay..... yes.... I love you too sis...."

I stood there watching as he was having a conversation with his sister but the conversation got intense I waited patiently for him to finish his call.

"Baby what happened" I asked

"My mom and father were attacked last night and my mother is in a coma she suffered the worst of the beatings. So we are flying back to New York today"

We all gasped at hearing the news.  Christian looked like a lost child in a big scary mall, unsure what to do or where to go.

"Okay you go make the arrangements for us to return home and I will pack our bags" I said he nodded and walked off to lounge to make his calls

It was now late afternoon when we walked through the hospital doors and were greeted by Annette. I watched as Derek held her firmly in his arms and kissed her on the head.

"Where are they" Christian replied in a short tone

We followed her down the hall first to his fathers room he was sleeping. And a tear fell as I looked upon his black and blue marks on his face a cut lip and a black eye.

"Dad" Christian said as he walked over to his father and hugged him
"I'm okay son" Jacob replied as he patted Christian on the back "its your mother I'm worried about son, please go check up on her" Christian nodded as we walked out the room to follow Annette.

We stood outside the door but Annette hadn't move yet
"Christian a warning she is really bad.  I'm going to sit with Dad"

He nodded and I held his hand as we entered in her room. There were monitors and IV lines connected to her she had a tube that she was breathing through and a neck brace. She was covered in bruises. I could help but shed a few tears, I have to be strong for Christian.  Christian walked over to her grabbed a chair and sat down holding her hand. I stood and just rubbed his shoulders.

"They messed with the wrong person I'm going to kill them"

I've never seen Christian so angry so fired up before. And for some reason I knew in the back of my mind he wasn't lying.

After a few hours Annette walked in with food and drinks for us.

"Tell me everything" Christian said

"I left the house about 6pm to go to a house warming, Mum and Dad were having dinner at the time. When I returned it was 10pm and most of the lights were on and I figured Mum and Dad must be still up but when I opened the front door thats when I noticed the broken glass and scrape marks along the floor I ran in calling for them and thats when I found Dad tied to a chair in the kitchen but I couldn't find mum. I immediately called the ambulance and the police. When I hung up Dad was asking for mum so I went in search for her and thats when I  found her..... Annette was crying uncontrollably she was in the basement tied, gagged and her clothes were ripped and torn. She was  covered in bruises and bleeding everywhere... I just held her until the paramedics came then I tried to call you and then I tried Dereks number but no one was answering. I have spoken to the police today and given my statement, they have taken Dads statement.... but the image I can't get out of my mind is the deep cut they made down her thigh"

"Her WHAT!" Christian asked he stood and threw the sheet off her body it was bandaged over the whole leg

"Her thigh it was cut so deep that the doctor said thats where she lost most of her blood, they said she is lucky to be alive with a cut so deep"

Thats when Christian stood stormed out the door I followed close behind him as I watched him walk out the hospital doors. Then I watched as he walked out into the carpark and then stopped and yelled out at the top of his lungs then dropped to his knees. I ran up to him and just held him. I watched as nurses rushed over but I held my hand up to say "no I've got him" thats when I felt his body shake and I knew he was crying I just needed to be here comforting my husband. And I knew these people who are creating all this were in trouble of the destruction they were about to face. They were going to meet death by Christians terms. They touched his mother.