Body

Ella's POV

The next day the usual happened meeting with all the guards about my whereabouts Christian was still a bit mad at me but I can deal with an angry husband but a silent one was a bit different.

We were meeting with the construction team with regards to rebuilding the shipping dock and decided we would put up a wall with plaques dedicated to all those that lost their lives when the fire hit.

We were busy working away when we were called by Charlie to attend to an urgent matter in Christians home office. When we left we called all his guards and Sam to meet us at in Christians office.

When we arrived there was an eerily quiet Christian opened a door to his office and there standing at his desk were two men dressed in emaculate black suits. They were the same height same eye colour they were identical twins.

Christian asked "what do you want?"

"We are here to collect your wifes heart" one of them said and just like that they were pulling out their guns and shooting at us. One of them was taken down immediately the other was not happy he came towards me but Derek blocked him they started to fight but Derek was taken to the ground. Then Alex approached him and was shot straight to the legs which prevented him from walking any further. Christian grabbed me and said

"Run to the bathroom and lock yourself there"

"No I won't leave you"

"For goodness sake Ella will you fucking do as you are told for once"

So I ran to the bathroom as Christian had said and I was pacing around I could hear more footsteps then loud thumps on the ground things being broken and thrown. I wasnt sure how long it had gone on for when I sank to the ground and hide by the vanity. Then a gunshot and then silence. I was to scared to move I wasnt sure if Derek was ok or if Christian was hurt. And that scared me, I felt someone stoke my hair and I looked up to see those beautiful blue eyes looking at me with worry and I jumped into his arms crying.

"Ouch shh its ok its over" Christian said

"Are you alright " I asked

"I'm fine" he replied

Then I remembered Derek I jumped up and ran into the other room when I saw Derek sitting up ribbing his neck and comforting Alex.

"Derek are you ok" I asked

"Sis Christian is badly hurt too"

I rang back to Christian and only then did I notice blood from his side

"Baby what happened"

"The fucker manage to cut me on the side I'm okay I'll need stitches though" he said

He started to get up but collapsed back down, I yelled out for help. And told them to call a doctor.

"Baby you said it wasn't bad, you stubborn man, if this is worst than what it is Christian I'm going to throttle you myself argh"

He smiled "throttle me, hm I might enjoy it"

I raised an eyebrow "Omg Christian really?"

He laughed but then stopped because of the pain

"Ok I'm going to lift your shirt to see how bad it is, where is your first aid kit?" I asked

"Under the vanity"

I quickly got to work pulling out the first aid kit removing his shirt and attending to the wound. He was right he'll need stitches

Finally when a doctor arrived I had  moved Christian back to his couch in his office so the Doctor could stitch him up. At the time he was barking orders around he sent both Derek and Alex to the hospital. Derek more for his families protection and Alex for his gun wound.

After everything had settled down, we spoke to Sam it was late in the afternoon so we decided to return home.

We were sitting on the couch I was exhausted and Christian didn't want me to move so we cuddled up to esch other on the couch.

When Ryan approached
"Sir there is a unknown vehicle at the gate requesting entry, they said they are here to deliver a package, should I let them approach?"

"Yes" Christian said

Ryan started giving instructions into his sleeve to allow the package through. Then he was touching his ear and nooding

"Sir we have kept it at the bottom of the steps, as its a barrel we will need to inspect it for any dangerous chemicals etc"

We waited for a while Ryan listened into his ear piece you could hear swearing on the other side the silence in room was enough to fill the room with that one word "fuck"

"Ok ok Sir there is a body inside the barrel"

"What the fuck! Call Sam and Charlie immediately I want to know whose body is in that barrel and get it removed from my property now"

"Yes sir" Ryan said as he walked off to do as he was told.

"Omg Christian it could be Denise" I said

"I know lets wait for Sam to come and we will discuss what to do next"

Sam had called a friend to come and examine the body give us an identity, and time of death. After 24 hours we were notified that it was indeed the body of Mrs Denise Johnston. Approximate time of death 2 months ago. She had several marks on the body that indicated torture was applied to her body. I wept for my loss of Denise but at least now we can bury her and hopefully Dwayne and the girls can get some peace.