Chapter 11

"How did it go?" Jack ambushed Peyton as she exited the principals office. Peyton frowned and didn't reply, she walked to her locker to grab her bag. "Where are you going?" he asked with worry. "Home," she was unsure, "your not staying for the game?" he desperately asked. "I'm sorry Jack, I just need to be alone right now," she sniffed, holding back a tear. Jack watched her walk away uselessly. "Your not going home..." he thought. Finn came up behind him, "hey, how is she?" he looked over at the fading figure. "Well she didn't say anything, she just walked away," Jack sighed. "We should go after her," Finn suggested. "What about the game?" Jack frowned. "Dude, its sport or your girlfriend, I might not be good with relationships but i do know by her face that she is hurting, she's calling for help," Finn admitted. "Obviously that bitch of a principal said something to make her quiet," he continued, placing his hand on his shoulder. "Yea, I guess it wont hurt, someone can fill in for me," Jack assured himself. "Lets follow her," Finn repeated. They ran to the bike rack and rode after her, it didn't take long to catch up as she was walking slower then a turtle. "Peyton!" they called to her, she turned in surprise and looked at them. They stopped and ran to her, Jack grabbed her arm frantically. "What?" she asked shakily. "What happened to you?" Jack asked, pulled her into his arms for a hug. She needed it so bad, she was tense but relaxed a little after looking into his deep hazel eyes. "I'm suspended..." she explained angrily. "What! she seriously suspended you for self defence..." Finn gasped furiously. "Yea basically..." Peyton murmered. "Its probably because its her best friend's son," Finn realised. "Thats bullshit!" Peyton grunted. "gazebos," Jack smirked, "dont you start," she laughed. "Eddie Kaspbrak is basically Jack Grazer anyway," he admitted. "true," she grinned. "Well if your suspended, we are too," Jack decided. "What!" Finn glared at him, "dude, just because your grades are shit it doesn't mean I have to be involved with this," he hissed. "Fine be the shitty friend you are," Jack spat. "At least I can find friends!" Finn fought him. "Lady's I'm still here," Peyton grunted. "Oh sorry," They both looked at her again guiltily. "Where not helping are we?" they thought. "I think i should just be left alone, have a good day," she sighed and continued on. She quickly fled down the road. "Shes gone..." Jack frowned, "that girl went from turtle to cheetah in two seconds," Finn commented. "You think?" Jack replied sarcastically.

"Good afternoon, how can I help you?" Peyton was interrupted from her thought as she stared at a beautiful parrot inside a cage. "Oh I was just looking thanks..." she mumbled, "alright let me know if you see anything you like," the women who worked in the store stood by her and replied then walked away. "I got to tell someone about the business," she thought, "uh actually I need help!" she called after her, "yes, do you want to adopt the blue and gold macaw over there?" she asked, "no actually I wanted to report animal cruelty, ive got picture proof," she nervously explained. The lady looked at her phone with worry and disgust in her eyes. "I'll see what i can do," she nodded, "sent the photos to this email address and we can take this further," she ordered. She typed the email address in her phone and handed it back. "Thankyou," Peyton felt hope, "I want revenge for my kittens," she mumbled. She walked over to the macaw again with interest, "i think i need you for my hard time at home, to pass time," she thought. The bird danced crazily with interest as she approached again. "You want the macaw too?" the lady noticed her with a grin. "I don't have much money," she thought. "Adoptions are free, you just need to pay for a cage, toys and food," the lady explained. "How much would that be?" she asked. "Around $300," she decided. "Oh i was saving my money for cat food for my 17 rescues from that place," she explained. "Wait, you took some of them?" she frowned. "Is that illegal?" she worried, "uh It is but i wont say anything, how about you bring them here to get them off your shoulder, we can find them a nice home, I promise, i have a lady looking to add some kitties to her life" she offered. "I'll bring them over tomorrow, i don't have school," she explained. "Alright, see you tomorrow, this beauty can finally find a home then," she smiled. Peyton nodded and left the rescue thankfully.

"Where have you been?" her mother asked angrily. "Why?" she asked with a frown, "your suspended huh?" she continued. "Its not a big deal..." she insisted, "oh isn't it?" her mother glared at her. "Since when do you care about my life?" Peyton snapped and whipped past her. "Hey guys," she smiled as cats came running up to her with excitement, her five cats huddled on her bed while the other cats watched. "Your all going to get adopted, the rescue is going to save everyone," she smiled. The cats didn't understand her but could sense hope. "Get some rest now," she grinned, "did I interrupt something?" Dom was at the door. "Uh no, what's up?" she asked. "I just want to say that you shouldn't have gone to that school, I researched on it and the principal is known to be extremely sensitive and stupid." He admitted, "you think? I got suspended for speaking up about a rapist who happens to be a family friend, which makes it okay..." she sniffed. "Why did Jack and Finn think you should go, they are assholes." Dom was furious, "they just wanted to see me more," she admitted, "and now you have snubbed them? they are throwing rocks at the window," Dom pointed behind her anxiously.