Chapter Twenty Five

I led Loki through the halls of the ship, and my hands obeying his every command and creating holes in every person that dared cross my path.

Loki watched in admiration and pride as each person fell, and my head screamed in pain as I did the thing I swore never to do again.
I killed people.

I felt almost nothing as I did it. There weren't many. Just those stupid enough to get in my way. Most took one look at me and ran. A wise choice, considering what happened to those who didn't.

Loki and I boarded an aircraft carrier, along with a few soldiers also under Loki's command. I didn't look back as we headed out across the water, and didn't think twice about the bodies I had left behind.

They would haunt my dreams later.

The aircraft jerked, and I grabbed onto Loki's upper arm for support. His head swiveled and his eyes met mine. They gleamed at me.

"You look ravishing, Keight. Your power only makes you more, tempting," he said smoothly in my ear. I blushed, and he noticed. He grinned, and my stomach dropped. He was so insanely handsome, and yet, there was so much evil and sadness about him.
I said no more, but Loki kept his hand on my thigh for the duration of the trip.

I fell asleep during the flight, my head on Loki's shoulder. I thought he might be offended by it, but he let me be.
My dream, however, was more than peaceful.

The ice eyed man stands above me. His face is flecked with blood and all of it is mine. His eyes gleam, and they are the only part of him that is clear. The rest is blurry, like a photograph taken in the dark. He says something in a language I don't understand. I scream at him, but all he does is stare. I think his eyes change for a moment, for a split second I think they are sorry.
Then they are ice again and the whip hits my back and I scream but he only looks at me.
He only looks and does not feel.

I jolted awake, my head coming away from Loki's shoulder in a rush. His hand rested on my thigh, his skin blissfully cold. I could feel it through my suit.

"Who haunts your dreams, Keight? A lover, perhaps?" Loki asked. I blushed for no reason. I shook my head.

"No, I have no lover," I said quietly. Loki smirked.

"Then who, if not a lover?" He snaked his way into my thoughts.

"An enemy," I said, my tone hard. "Who hurt me, a long time ago. I will kill him." Loki laughed, and it sounded like music.

Stop fooling around you lovesick meathead! Get him out of your head and stop him!

My ever faithful inner monologue screamed at me, but Loki's magic was too great and it lost again.

"I promise you will kill him. Slowly, and painfully. It would be a pleasure to gift you that," Loki breathed in my ear. For a moment, I thought he was going to kiss me. But he turned his face away.

"Are we almost there?" He barked at one of the soldiers. The soldier nodded.

"We're about 10 minutes away from Stark Tower," he said. Loki nodded approvingly.

"Soon you'll see Father. I am a King," he muttered under his breath. I looked at home a second, before turning away.

His spell, I think, was beginning to fade at that point. I was beginning to doubt him, doubt his intentions towards me. I didn't think he'd hurt me. But would he really let me rule by his side? He seemed obsessed with becoming a King, and I don't think he would let anyone, even me, stand in his way.

But he promised me the death of the ice eyed man.
That was enough for now.

We arrived at the Stark Tower a few minutes later. The carrier landed on the roof, where a heavy set man with a balding head stood waiting. There was machinary and pieces of metal scattered around the roof.
Loki and I stepped off the carrier and onto the being stones that covered a better part of the roof.