23

"Teddy!" Harry said a bit louder, causing the small elf to look up and bow deeply into his direction. "Don't bow, Teddy. Who was it?"

"It was Hagrid, Master Harry," Teddy replied hesitantly. "I is sorry; I thinked Hagrid is Master Harry's friend and it is good potion. Sorry, Master Harry." Teddy once more began to sob fiercely.

"It's not your fault," Harry told him softly. "Don't cry, Teddy; it's my own fault; I should take Kori with me wherever I go. Plus, I'm better already. Uncle Severus gave me the antidote, and now I'm fine again."

"Really?" Teddy asked hopefully.

"Yes, of course, Teddy," Harry replied tiredly, cuddling his dragon close, while he slowly closed his eyes.

ハグリットのせいかしら

"Minerva, stay here with Harry," Severus spoke up in a firm voice. "I'll inform the headmaster. Tom has to question Hagrid under Veritaserum. I can't imagine that Hagrid would do something like poisoning Harry, but Dumbledore may have placed him under the Imperius Curse."

"Oh Merlin, that's true. Thank you, Severus," Minerva said gratefully.

"Of course, Minerva. I'll be back as soon as I find out anything. We should take turns sitting with Harry during the night," the younger teacher replied and swiftly left the room, his robes billowing behind him.

Two hours later, Severus returned to the hospital wing, wearing a grave expression. "We couldn't find out anything. Hagrid is either innocent or has been obliviated by a professional. Even using Legilimency, I couldn't discover anything about the matter. I'm sorry Minerva," he explained, letting out a long sigh.

"Well, we'll just have to keep a close eye on Hagrid," Minerva replied, echoing his sigh. A few minutes of thoughtful silence later, she voiced an idea. "A few months ago, Harry asked me if Teddy could attend his classes together with him. He told me that Teddy was very eager to learn as much as he could, but I dismissed the matter, as I didn't think that it would be appropriate. Maybe we should indeed have him attend classes with Harry though. Of course, it wouldn't protect him from poisoning, but Teddy would perhaps be able to prevent Harry from accidents like the one which he suffered today."

"That's an interesting idea, Minerva, and I believe that the idea of sharing classes between wizards and elves could be a step in a direction of a better understanding between wizards and elves," Severus replied, pensively. "Hogwarts could set an extraordinary example with this. We should speak with Godric about this tomorrow to see if he will approve."

テディーが同級生か

When Harry woke up in the morning, apart from a terrible headache, he felt much better. He lazily opened his eyes, noticing immediately that the early morning sun was just beginning to lighten up the hospital wing with its golden sunrays. When he looked around to see if he was alone, he saw that Minerva and Severus were fast asleep on two relaxing chairs right next to his bed, Severus was holding Minerva in his arms, and her head was resting comfortably on his shoulder.

'Uncle Severus always comforts Mummy when I'm sick,' he thought in amazement and suddenly, a vague idea began to form in his mind. 'Well, I have to do some research and wait for a good opportunity,' he mused, 'if only my head didn't hurt so much.' A few minutes later, he went back to sleep, just like the adults next to him.

もうすぐクリスマス

Harry had to remain in the hospital wing for a few days because his concussion was too bad to move him to Minerva's quarters. Minerva and Severus took turns staying with Harry, and like Harry had noticed, they often spent the night at his side together. One morning, Minerva's soft voice penetrated his ear. "Poppy told us that we're allowed to take you back to our quarters, son. You mustn't do any magic for another week though."