Chapter 9

Bridge's room

Cameron's POV 

"Look Bridge, I know I really messed up. You welcome me here with open arms and I haven't even been here for a week and I've already broken your trust." "You did the right thing, keeping it a secret and all. I think I understand now" was her reply. "Misunderstandings led to the war between Heaven and Hell, the loss of my parents and, more importantly more and more innocent demons are getting persecuted and killed" she continued, "but I knew you meant well" It became silent. A lot of awkward stares later I decided to break the tension. "So, does this mean we're good?" I waited and looked at Bridge who was deep in thought. "Sorry, but I'm not the type of devil who forgives after 5 minutes of talking, I'll think about it though." I was destroyed at that point.

Well that was a fruitless attempt. After that, I don't think brownies, popcorn or Warriors game tickets will work.

"Well, good talk. I guess I better go, I have homework to do. You better do yours too" 

Cam, that was not a good talk at all. You just failed the whole point of your conversation

Bridge's/Caprice's POV

"Mom, Dad what now?" "I need you, if you can here me please talk to me" I sobbed. At this point, the only people I felt I could trust were mom and dad, then I came back to my senses and stopped trying to talk to them.

Caprice Bridget Cordell! You are so much smarter than this. They're dead and they aren't coming back.

*flashback*

"Ares, Aria and Caprice, I need you to remember that no matter what happens"mom said. "we will always love you"  dad continued. They were both in the army, fighting the angels above. Those were the last words they ever said to us, before we were sent far into the country.

2 weeks later

"Aria, when are Mommy and Daddy coming back" I asked. As a 5 year old, I didn't really understand what was going on. The twins, at 10 were anxiously waiting for Mom and Dad to come home. That's when it happened. We heard a knock on the door, we raced each other to the door screaming in excitement, hoping Mom and Dad were back. Instead, we found a middle-aged woman. She had tear stains on her face, she handed us a letter. I was pretty young but I could read and understand everything. I then understood all the things Ares had told me about war and stuff. My parents were dead. Nothing more, nothing less, just dead.

*end of flashback *

Hell High

Monday morning

"224381" I answered. My brain wasn't a sharp when I couldn't focus. Second period ended and I could finally get some food. I walked over to my locker and found Alana and some jocks blocking my locker. "Move over, you're wasting your time here" I said, trying to prevent myself from killing them on the spot. "Actually, we need you for something dear" I heard a voice say. I turned around to see a brunette with brown eyes and brown everything. "I'm Sophia" she said. Something didn't seem right, all devils I know have some kind of evil aura that we can feel. Maybe she was human or even worse, an angel. I was busy processing this info when I felt cold steel against my throat. "Sorry this is a bit unexpected, but if this gets rid of you faster I can take my place once more as ruler of this school so I win" Alana said cheerily. I decided it was time for a sarcasm attack. "Oh joy! Alana the wannabe queen is coming back" I said, stretching my arms in extravagance. "I think we had a good talk, but I have a test to ace in Spanish" I shouted running away, "Hasta la vista, perdedores" I called before turning the corner.

Well, my Spanish has definitely improved. I guess I owe it all to Mom and Dad. Who knew they were from the part of Hell under Latin America and Spain. I guess there's also......

Cameron

Maybe I should just avoid him for now. It might hurt his feelings, but it's better than telling him I can't forgive him just yet.

§.........§

A/N

Hola

FYI: Yes, I do speak spanish and that line by Cap wasn't made up.

Sorry for not posting last week, I was a bit busy. One of these days, I'll be posting 2 chapters to make up for it.

Hasta entonces, adiós 

Sarcastic