Chapter 16

Palace of the Underworld, Library 

Leon's POV

It's been 3 days since I got back. This is much nicer compared to scouring dense forests and wherever else for my sister. It's amazing I even managed to find Natalia's hideout

I finally got some free time after a long day of training and studying. Bridget and Leon are somewhere in this library looking at some books. Suddenly, I hear a loud thud. "Bridge, Leon! What did you guys break?" I hear Cameron's voice. "Over here, shelf 14," he said. I  walk to where I see Bridge and Cameron on the floor studying a book. "What suddenly got you two interested in reading," I asked, smirking as I get closer to examine the book.

It's slightly smaller than some of the other books on the shelf but, it is much thicker. It's a leather covered journal of some sort. "No way! This was mom's," Cameron whisper-shouts. "Dummy, we're the only ones here so no one will even hear about this," Bridget states matter-of-factly. The edges of the page are charred and black spots are on some pages. We flip it open to the last entry written.

August 4

Today is the day, we are going to fight those angels head on. Natalia, Leon and Cameron  have been sent back to the castle with Father. Romeo has left me, I was foolish for thinking he loved me. I should've listened to Helena, she can read people like a book after all. She deserves so much credit for this mission. I can't take much more of this, I can't handle this responsibility of queen, I'm too indecisive and gullible, I never see the other sides of the story, I lack the ability to put myself in someone else's shoes and I don't want this anymore. I know I sound selfish but at this point I don't care. It's been decided, I am taking away succession of the throne from my family. Father has been the only responsible ruler in this family, even under his guidance, I am afraid that I too will become a monster like Grandfather or maybe Hades I. Instead, I will pass it to Helena, she took care of me in my darkest times and I believe she can take care of Hell too. I'm sending a letter to Father about this matter. My first and last order as the future queen is to hand the thrown over to her and her daughter, Caprice Bridget. 

We looked at the first few pages then something caught our eyes, it was 2 years apart from the last one we read.

December 10

Once again, I was unable to fulfill my duties as princess of Hell. I do just fine at all those curtsies and tea parties. What I can't handle is the part of ruling that requires me to fix problems and help Hell progress, Father is doing his best to help the soldiers at war with Heaven. My friend Helena says I'm too nice and gullible. Oh, almost forgot, Helena is a commoner who was summoned as my adviser. She would make a better ruler than me but that's not how the world works. She isn't heartless, she just knows how to read people and situations with a very critical eye. Despite this, she's still kind, compassionate, collected, trustworthy and strong both physically and mentally. No one knows of her magical abilities except me, she has the ability to learn anything in the blink of an eye. This knowledge she has helps me out a lot but I still keep messing up. Well, a town meeting near Luciferia is coming and I must be in the holochamber to contact them so I must go now, little journal, goodbye for now.

Cameron and I feel droplets rush down our cheeks. To think that she was under so much pressure. Our mother gave up the throne and her riches for the good of her land. 

If only Natalia saw this, she would understand why mom gave up the throne. Helena would've made a great queen if mom's description of her was accurate which I'm sure it is.

"Guys, I just wanna say that I'm sorry that your mom had to do this, I promise to do my best and make both our moms proud," Bridget says, hugging us both to comfort us. 

3 hours later

Bridget's POV

Mom, have I gotten your powers? Maybe dad's, though I don't know what his are. Why won't they just show up? I mean, I can't seem to get this princess thing down so maybe I've gotten dad's powers

I sit alone in my room, searching for my dad's name on the DevilWeb. I scroll through and find his name, "bingo," I say, clicking on the name. 

Lucifer Aiden Cordell 

Date of birth: July 24, 1988

Occupation: Track-and-field coach at Hell High

Known abilities: Ability mimicry, invisibility

Spouse/s: Helena Myers 

I quickly clicked on the link to my mom's name.

Helena Bridget Myers

Date of birth: August 10, 1989

Occupation: Official Underworld Gymnast and Track-and-Field Runner

Known abilities: Ability Mimicry, Flight

Spouse/s: Lucifer Aiden Cordell

"No way! They both had 2 sets of abilities," I scream. "Cap! Is that you?" I whip my head around to see my foster siblings after what seemed like forever. "Ares, Aria it's really you. I'm so glad you came to visit." The twins get knocked over as I tackle them with a hug.

"We're so glad we get to spend weekends with you now," Aria cheers. "So, where are the guys," Ares asks. I motion for them to follow me to the twins' room. We open the door to find the twins playing Fortnite, without me.

"YOU'RE PLAYING WITHOUT ME!" Cam and Leon look at each other and think the same thing.

We are so dead.

§.........§

Hola Amigoooooos

Sarcastic here! First of all, thanks for all the reads I never thought I'd even make it past 100 honestly. Sooooooo in celebration of this and my freedom from school, I can now post more often. There isn't an official posting schedule so it will be random. Anyways, what do you guys think will happen to Cam and Leon? Until next time,

Adios!

Sarcastic